MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,301 Posts
Been googling and found this which is how I thought it worked.

1 - Displays actual RPM.
2 - On/Off RPM. I chose to enable the QS from 4k RPM and up.
3 - ShiftLight: This alternative is used to activate an external Shift Light (option) but is also used to calculate the Compu-Shift. I set it to 13.3 kRPM as this is where the fuel cut-off begin for our std engines.
4 - Killtime. Ignition cut-off at max RPM. I chose this value to 70ms (adjustable between 40-80ms), will maybe change this downwards after more testing.
5 - Autoshift (described later). I set this feature to off.

· Registered
Tamburini, Corsacorta, Senna 750, 1000 S, 1000 R, F4 1078
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Good that you have no issues ;)
So what is compuShift that Cordona talk about and I quoted above ?

So you are saying the kill time on mine at any point in the rpm range would be the static 56ms that I set ?
That's different to any other system out there.

I was told the upper rpm limit you enter for the external shift light is where your fixed kill time starts from ?
Maybe I understand them wrong.

Like you say, below the lower rpm it is not active.
Well,
as much as I understand, "CompuShift" does the following:
after the time for the ignition cut has ended,
(what has been set in the adjustment)
the igniion will be re-activated "smoothly".
"It kills all cylinders simultaneously at up shift,
but bring them back on in a computer-controlled sequence, in conjunction with Compu Shift."
Of course they will not tell any algorithms of "CompuShift",
but I guess, the four ignition coils are activated sequentially, not simultaneously.
I guess within 5...10ms.
Does not really help with 2 ingnition coils only, from out 16M ECU controlled MVs...

· Registered
1,301 Posts
Well,
as much as I understand, "CompuShift" does the following:
after the time for the ignition cut has ended,
(what has been set in the adjustment)
the igniion will be re-activated "smoothly".
"It kills all cylinders simultaneously at up shift,
but bring them back on in a computer-controlled sequence, in conjunction with Compu Shift."
Of course they will not tell any algorithms of "CompuShift",
but I guess, the four ignition coils are activated sequentially, not simultaneously.
I guess within 5...10ms.
Does not really help with 2 ingnition coils only, from out 16M ECU controlled MVs...
Think they call the 'smooth shift', compuShift is the ignition cut calculation...

Any how, I think you hit the nail on the head with your description of the toe peg, I think it's that that causes the odd missed gear.

Out of curiosity, what cut time do you use on your 1000S ?

@esq'z me what do you use, what did you increase the toe setting to ?

@equ

· Registered
Tamburini, Corsacorta, Senna 750, 1000 S, 1000 R, F4 1078
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Think they call the 'smooth shift', compuShift is the ignition cut calculation...

Any how, I think you hit the nail on the head with your description of the toe peg, I think it's that that causes the odd missed gear.

Out of curiosity, what cut time do you use on your 1000S ?

@esq'z me what do you use, what did you increase the toe setting to ?
If I remember right,
quite fast, I think I have adjusted it to 40ms.
But I believe that this short time also requires an unconditional, quick push into the next gear.
On the CorsaCorta, street use only, the ign cut time is longer,
but also due to the other sensor, which is somewhat torque loaded.

· Old Wing Nut
25,582 Posts
The peg sensor came preset from Cordona at 25kg force required. After my first track day and a few momentary power loss incidences from my foot bumping the lever (not shifting), I raised it to 35kg. Haven't had a chance to test yet, but will in the next month I hope.

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Well yes,
I prefer outside temp between 20°C and 30°C, 70...85 F.. if it is getting too hot, and speed and torque too high, it gets very critical. see this video, after 27 seconds.
I was ultra fast, outside temp. 35°C = 95 F,
I overdid it and it almost ended badly.
At this point the pit wall is very close...
That face you pull when you push it too far :D

Nose Smile Mouth Organ Ear

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Love the sound of an F4 on full song.
LIke the leathers, too Manfred!
Has anybody mentioned getting your head off center and not just moving your butt?
The simple act of putting you chin "over the mirror" on the side to which you are turning will improve your lean angle, add grip, and eventually lead to faster lap times....

View attachment 500235
Interesting reasons for not being able to get your knee down in that article.....

The top 3 reasons would be:
not entering the corner fast enough.
not holding enough mid corner speed.
not having the right body position.

Notice none of these blame external factors like tyres, leathers to tight etc. The are not reasons, just excuses.

· Registered
MV Agusta F4RR ('13-'15)
11 Posts
Didn't expect to 'discover' a whole discussion about shifting peg sensors in a thread about a track video, right after I opened a thread about them (wondering what a peg sensor was). Thanks for responding btw @merc07.

I'm an avid track day rider and it's mostly on the circuit where I don't want to be distracted by correcting bike instabilities (especially mid-corner) caused by a momentary loss of power or failure to shift in either direction, when prompted, when I don't expect to assist manually.

I was about to get a new rearset to accommodate a Cordona strain guage sensor when the peg sensor caught my attention, already thinking that it may eliminate the need to shell out for a new set of steps. But after reading the posts here, I think it may be prudent after all to opt for my initial planned setup.

(...) the Cordona toe peg sensor (...)

... for street use absolutely fine,
for race use IMHO not acceptable.
Even though I gather it may be possible to tweak torque and other settings and make it work for track use it may still require a trial and error approach in setting it up, aside from possible issues with lag and timing.

Whereas, I feel the "push-pull rod" setup wouldn't leave you second-guessing, while carving through corners, after you miss hitting a gear by not plumping your foot with enough force onto the peg.

On that note, @esq'z me, 35 kg sounds a lot to me, but so does the preset 25kg, so who am I...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts