MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have completed the running in & first service and really enjoying my F4 1000 S. ( RG3 - BMC - PowerCommander - cat bypass ) the bike is so stable and I'm now getting ready to visit "THE RING"
( Nurburgring ) in 2 weeks time. Does anyone have experience on a good Baseline Setting / Starting point for the for track days. i.e.

Static Sag front & rear / ride height front & rear

I will be trying the alternative steering head angle, as I like fast steering, had No Problems with my former 05 999R.

Sean :stickpoke

Attachments

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Welcome, and congrats! If you wish, be sure to add yourself to the registry :stickpoke with some more pictures!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
seanf1000 said:
I will be trying the alternative steering head angle, as I like fast steering, had No Problems with my former 05 999R.

Sean :stickpoke
Welcome and congrats.

Hmmmmm..... i think the alternative steering angle on the MV will get you a faster steering than the one you had on the 999R, so be careful.......

Anyway, i'm looking forward to hear some feedback about changing the steering angle on the MV :conveyer:

·
Registered
69 Posts
MV Steering angle adjustment

Do all the F4 's have adjustable rake or just the 1000's? I have a 748 Ducati setup in the steeper setting and the turn in is excellent. The adjustment on the Ducati was fairly simple, I would like to try the same setup on my MV. I have looked at the steering head on my MV and do not see how to change the settings, am I missing something?

Thanks; Steve

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
ducracer18 said:
Do all the F4 's have adjustable rake or just the 1000's? I have a 748 Ducati setup in the steeper setting and the turn in is excellent. The adjustment on the Ducati was fairly simple, I would like to try the same setup on my MV. I have looked at the steering head on my MV and do not see how to change the settings, am I missing something?

Thanks; Steve
Steve,

Not having owned a Duc, I don't know how those work. I just moved up to the best bike, and skipped all the in-between steps. LOL.

The MV needs inserts to go into the head tube to change the steering head angle. For one, you need a special tool just to remove the top nut on the upper triple clamp. And the factory only offers one other insert that I know of, which is for a 120/65 series tire.

Alex

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
ducracer18 said:

Thanks; Steve
I think the MV works the exact same way, although i neve changed the steering angle on the MV, just on the 749R.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sag= 35mm in front and 25mm in rear with you in all of your gear on the bike.

I'm about 180 pounds, and the stock rear spring on the SPR is a bit too light, so the preload on my shock is maxed out and the sag just a bit too much.

The MV has to be the easiest bike in the world to change the rear ride height too, I'd mess with that before steering head angles. Raise that rear up a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts