MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be a fun project to refresh the look of my track day plastic. This is not done yet. There's some more to do, but I thought it might be fun to throw a couple of photos up here to show where I started, and where it's at now.

Some of you on this board know where I'm going with this project.

PLEASE DON'T GIVE IT AWAY.

It will be more fun to keep it a surprise. And there is no guarantee that this project will end up where I thougut it would.

Alex

This is the staring point:

This is where it's at today (6/14/07):

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ben - good call on the vinyl cutter. i need some auto-mask, which i should be able to get from a buddy, but that thing is going to come in REAL handy for the rest of the work on this project.

i sure hope i get all this done in the next few days.

the miller track day is coming up fast! nothing like the last minute...

alex

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The project is moving forward. Not sure if it'll be 100% complete by the time I have to load the bike for the Miller track day, but it won't be for a lack of trying.

You can probably guess what this is supposed to look like.

Special thanks to Steve Cullen for some high-res photos!

Alex

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
When I first saw the black parts I thought it may have been the Tambo you were going for but then I scrolled down and saw it was painted R/S...The corse paint scheme is a great choice :koolaid:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, it's the Corse scheme, with some slight mods.

The plastic started off black, as seen in my avatar <---.

More is to come. Not quite finished yet.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Added the red accents around the graphic on the mid.

Next, will be some thing silver pinstripe accents. Then the clear coat. I'm going to put the vinyl stickers on top of the clear. It won't look quite as good as under the clear, but this will let me change them up if I ever want to.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Wow. Looking gooooooood, Big Al...

I can't wait to see what is going to happen with the front fairing??? That is too small to be a number plate??? Are you going to paint a "headlight" like a NASCAR or Funny Car? I am CORNFUSED??? :crazyeyes

Dang, DANG, D A N G ! ! ! Now I know who to go to when I get my track bodywork!!! :naughty:

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
571 Posts
Very good work, looks fantastic!

Is this a track bike or you change the fairing every time you go for a track day?
How about the lights (front & rear), are you taking them out?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hahaha, yeah I was thinking a mock-headlight.

But I've put something else there now. Probably more appropriate. (see photo below)

Also added some pinstripping around the white, which the Corse bodywork has as well. Really makes the white accents pop.

Tomorrow, a clear coat will put on.

If you want to know who's doing the actual paint application, it's a guy named Chris Moore. Great guy. I'm helping out, trying not to screw up too much and make more work for Chris! Let me know if you'd like Chris to do some work for you on your Gixer. He's in Irvine.

Alex

tvass - it's a street bike, that I put race plastic on for track days. The headlight glass comes off and the race plastic fits right over the headlight bracket. The rear cowl doesn't have any lights, so I just leave the OEM tail light wire discconected under the seat. The really cool part is that this plastic uses all the stock mounting points so it's a pretty easy swap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts