MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So lets change the subject.

You guys know I use my Tam both on the street and the track. On the street, it wears normal Tam CF garb.

On the track it converts to all track skin, except tank, and currently uses original wheels and exhaust.

So as #292 has 6K miles, and will continue to be used some questions arise. YOUR input is appreciated, and hopefully will get us past the current :barfalot: thread.

1. Should I get a track set of wheels, and maybe an exhaust and continue to use Tam on track?

2. Should I get a 600/700cc Jap track dedicated bike for ~5K

3. Build used MV 750 track dedicated bike...cost ~10-13K

Note, I probably will only ever do 5-10 track days/year, and will always be passed by that :jerkoff: Thomas.

Also, I LOVE riding MVs, and really enjoy being on an MV as my vehicle to shits and giggles.

So your thoughts friends...

Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
im all for riding the hell out of a mv, not using is as a garage ornament, but even i draw the line at taking a tambo to the track. unless u have 2 of them, then its ok to track one of them. i would say get a cheap jap bike and track that, thats all they are good for anyway.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
What's really the point of the MV if not to track it. I say keep tracking it, maybe get some spare wheels so you don't trash your roadgoing tires, but ya know, if you crash, you crash, if you never get to push the bike's limits, why ever ride it?

Sorry if the above seems harsh, but I love to see MV's tracked, and if you take some generic japanese to the track, you'll still have fun, but you won't be riding your MV.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
I say if it gets to be too much of a hassle to go back and forth between street clothes and track clothes, then get another bike dedicated for one or the other. If not, continue to use the Tambo with track clothes.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I could also "protect " the track tam better, by putting CF covers on swing arm, and beveled frame mount.

it's only a motorcycle..paid for,AND replaceable with another, well maybe not a Tam, so what...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am sure you have another bike than Tambo. If only 5-10 track days/year, just bring any bike you like depends on your mood.
btw, I love your helmet. cool graphics. What helmet is that?
Right now I am doing brutale mamba graphics on my arai. I will post some pictures when it's done from the paint shop.

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you going to keep it for track use. ...when you get your race body work, give it a good paint job. Nothing worse than having a beautiful MV with a sh!tty paint job. Does not due it justice.

:)

Jon

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes it is Jon...

That's the ?....

Why not just use mine...is cost the issue?? Is it stupid for a mediocre track guy to have an expensive track toy? Is there such a big difference between your bike and mine, a few sheckles certainly, but does that "justify" more expenses...

These are the ?'s running thru my mind. You experienced racers opinions are sought by me posing the ?.

Peter

·
Registered
351 Posts
I dont know. Just seems a shame to tear up your bike. If it was me.... I'd buy an used Aprilia RS250 with a thousand spares for 5k. and really learn how to ride on a track. A two smoke teaches you so much about caring speed through corners. Different from all the others too. IMHO :)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts