MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many track miles does everyone have on their F3's? Specifically the 675. I am thinking of selling my '09 ZX6R race/track bike and running the F3. I have over 3k track miles on my stock motor Kawi with not one issue. The 675 has been a super reliable street bike but how about consistent high RPM mileage at the track without rebuilds?

·
Administrator
18,853 Posts
Well...the the factory boys have been pretty reliable at WSS level!!!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I think it all depends on how you ride/race and at what level. Some have had good luck but others, not so much.
Michael Leon, 2012 R.A.C.E. Pro Sportbike Champion rode the Royal Distributing/MV Agusta Canada F3 675 in the CSBK National Sportbike class and in regional events during 2013 and 2014. However his seasons were more down than up. His best finish was a 3rd at the 2nd round of the 2013 National series. Unfortunately he had more DNF’s than finishes missing several races including the last round. In August of 2014 after less than two years, with three engine failures and numerous other problems the bike suddenly displayed an error code that team could not clear. The bike could not be made to run so, they pulled the plug. Royal Distributing, a multi store chain in Ontario dropped the MV brand either late 2014 or early 2015.
As always, YMMV.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have done roughly 1000kms on track with mine. The only problem I have had on track was the gas position error which has now been sorted. I don't use all the revs though, generaly upshift at around 14000rpm.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine has 3000 track miles. It has been a track bike its whole life. I bought it with 1500mi on the clock and added another 1500 trouble free miles. I hope I didn't just jinx myself since track season starts next weekend!

edit: On the other hand, a guy I know brought his brand new 2015 F3 to the track last year and promptly dropped a valve on the first day he rode it. The mechanic that works on his bikes and mine suggested it wasn't broken in properly. His issue is getting fixed via the warranty, but it is taking a long time (7-8 months?).

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
The mechanic that works on his bikes and mine suggested it wasn't broken in properly.
That's a serious lot of bull right there mate :yo: Coming from a mechanic makes it even worse.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I assume Leon's bike wasn't a stock motor?
As far as I know it was. In fact when his engine expired at the Mosport round (valve train?) they replaced it with one out of a street bike. :naughty:

Mosport 2013 005 crop.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts