MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend is organizing a track day for October the 8th and if you are interested in attending call him and let him know. His name is Kenny Rodriquez and his number is 843-568-0187. He needs a few people to commit and pay deposits ($250) so he can reserve the track. It is a very nice track and the museum is out of this world. I am going so that in itself is a reason to attend :grin2:

·
Registered
398 Posts
This place is first class.
I need to get my bike on track one day.

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
That is Columbus Day...and the day AFTER the Barber Vintage Festival (5th through 7th)...

I am IN.. I'll make it my birthday present to myself !! :f4:
@Terrys409 ...you can ride over with me !!! I have a 2 bike trailer.

By the way, saw your bike parked in downtown Cartersville yesterday....looked lovely.

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
Just spoke with Kenny....It's actually a Ducati corporate day and they have some spaces left open.

I'm going...haven't told Pillion Pam yet, but I'm sure she will approve (it is my birthday present after all). Just hope she can come with me.

I have a 2 bike Kendon trailer, pop-up and other track day stuff. Any one else in my area interested? Always good to have a co-pilot when you go to track days.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Just spoke with Kenny....It's actually a Ducati corporate day and they have some spaces left open.

I'm going...haven't told Pillion Pam yet, but I'm sure she will approve (it is my birthday present after all). Just hope she can come with me.

I have a 2 bike Kendon trailer, pop-up and other track day stuff. Any one else in my area interested? Always good to have a co-pilot when you go to track days.
I need to talk to Ian, and see if he wants to go. Do we know what the total, actual cost is? # of riders on track? Anything like that? I suppose I could call and ask, and report back. I'm going to give a general yes that I would be in for this.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm very interested. I've been to Barber but not done a track day. Great museum and October should be very nice weather wise. I'll ask some of my riding friends as well.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
For anyone (like me) who can't do this track day on Monday October 8, I am signed up for the SportBikeTrackTime Track Day at Barber on Saturday October 13.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
For anyone (like me) who can't do this track day on Monday October 8, I am signed up for the SportBikeTrackTime Track Day at Barber on Saturday October 13.
I may join you. I have not heard anything back yet on this since my initial call.

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
I may join you. I have not heard anything back yet on this since my initial call.
I haven't either. Was supposed to know something yesterday.....

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
Got a text message from Kenny..... Jason DiSalvo RideUniversity and Ducati Revs Event..... $300

Sportbike Track Time is at Barber every month for weekend long + Monday events. $220 ~ $265 per day (plus membership then a discount for membership).

I may go with you Kevin....

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Got a text message from Kenny..... Jason DiSalvo RideUniversity and Ducati Revs Event..... $300

Sportbike Track Time is at Barber every month for weekend long + Monday events. $220 ~ $265 per day (plus membership then a discount for membership).

I may go with you Kevin....
Bring it friend. At least one (probably more) other guys from our local Italian motorcycle club will be with me. BTW, you no longer have to buy a membership to ride with SBTT.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Bring it friend. At least one (probably more) other guys from our local Italian motorcycle club will be with me. BTW, you no longer have to buy a membership to ride with SBTT.
I got the same message just today.

I wanna go with all my MV buds... so you guys tell me what you wanna do, and I'll join along... I'll take the lashing for riding my jap track bike...

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
BTW, you no longer have to buy a membership to ride with SBTT.
Yeah, but you get discounted prices with membership, and other benefits...plus, even though I have a STT account (from past memberships), it only allows you (me) to buy Novice on-line without membership. ???

Or am I missing something.

Curtis, get that MV you're looking at!!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
.... Curtis, get that MV you're looking at!!
Already in process sir. Not sure I want to take it on the track though, other than maybe for a session or two... I'm ok with biffing the CBR... not the others. Knock on my desk...

Should we start a separate thread? I now feel bad for hijacking George's and not going to his event, and have other questions/comments now...

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Yeah, but you get discounted prices with membership, and other benefits...plus, even though I have a STT account (from past memberships), it only allows you (me) to buy Novice on-line without membership. ???
When I log into my SBTT account, it shows Novice and Intermediate available. I'd suggest calling them. You rode Intermediate with them previously, right? Not sure, but I think you can't sign up for a group higher than you've ridden with them in the past, but if you rode intermediate, I'm not sure what is happening when you log into your account.

BTW, they are now enforcing this in Intermediate: "Intermediate must have safety wire, or at a minimum, RTV or Silicone dab on the oil drain plugs and oil filter."

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
Yeah...I ride intermediate. My bike is race prepped. Safety wire and no antifreeze.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Already in process sir. Not sure I want to take it on the track though, other than maybe for a session or two... I'm ok with biffing the CBR... not the others. Knock on my desk...

Should we start a separate thread? I now feel bad for hijacking George's and not going to his event, and have other questions/comments now...

You guys do whatever rocks your boat. The Ducati day does include some class time with one of the pros and a Ducati gift bag. Have fun whatever you do :smile2:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Are you guys thinking about just doing the day or what? I'd be willing to split a room with someone, also my Dad voiced interest in going just to be able to see the museum, which I would also like to see since I haven't been there since the new wing opened up.

I'd like to ride intermediate seeing as I have never ridden that track before. There is usually more room spots wise in advance though. The cbr is WERA prepped, so no worried on any of that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts