MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the planets are aligning correctly at the moment. Just had the first 1000km service done on my new Brutale 800rr and booked into yellow group for this Sunday at Eastern Creek.

Main aims are:

1. Set up the suspension - will be visiting Glenn Allerton who provides support to test some settings during each session
2. Suss out the different traction control settings
3. Make glorious music through those three little pipes!
4. Test how good my HTC M9 with TrackAddict app records sessions - have a new ram mount setup to hopefully record some clear video with gps overlay etc.

Anybody else also planning on being there?

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Good luck...am sure you'll have blast. Shame it isn't the same day as us.

We'll be there December 17 on a father/son day ..... my mate & his son along with me & mine. The young blokes have dedicated track bikes (Yamahas) R1 & R6. Us old blokes will go with a Ducati Hypermotard & a Cagiva Sp525:wtf:

Hope the weather behaves for our respective days. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lucky bugger, make sure you get some pictures. Enjoy.
Donsy

Realistically speaking, what is the most affordable way to get into racing and what format? Cost wise, what is one looking at (not interested in running in the front, just competitive midrange.).

I want to get a track bike around June next year and what i target to get might be influenced by the future racing possibilities

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Donsy

Realistically speaking, what is the most affordable way to get into racing and what format? Cost wise, what is one looking at (not interested in running in the front, just competitive midrange.).

I want to get a track bike around June next year and what i target to get might be influenced by the future racing possibilities
Without extra information about yourself including age, size, fitness and experience on two wheels, plus which classes you would like to race in ....that's about as easy to answer as 'how long is a piece of string?'

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So let's start unravelling the piece of string.

42 years old, 1.80m tall, rellatively fit at present, done many advanced riding courses, done over 10 track days in last year, don't know what class I'm interested in, therefore the question.

Initial thoughts was the Ninja 300 cup thinking this might be more affordable to be competitive (?), but maybe one can do the same in one of the historic classes?

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
Racing is a great way to make a small pile of money.

...out of a big pile of money!!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
So let's start unravelling the piece of string.

42 years old, 1.80m tall, rellatively fit at present, done many advanced riding courses, done over 10 track days in last year, don't know what class I'm interested in, therefore the question.

Initial thoughts was the Ninja 300 cup thinking this might be more affordable to be competitive (?), but maybe one can do the same in one of the historic classes?
Do you have a Clubmans class or even a Bears where there is more variation in bikes and skill? The Ninja 300 Cup is likely to be super competitive and starring young guns that weigh nothing and are totally fearless. Even though it sounds a comforting class to start in (and 42 is old to start) it may be too tough to get a good run even in the pack.

I'm not trying to be overly negative but take a good look at all classes you may be happy in and go from there.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I realized one thing - I need to wise up and do lots of research before I dive in.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Ill be on the track 18th 19th and 20.
Would be good to meet you guys out there

George. Ill introduce you to my cousin who races in formula oz and fx. Also have friends in bears cup and historic. You can pick there brains.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a note in case you try to catch me on the 19th- I had to move my track day to the 30th Jan - moving into our newly built house this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts