MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start a new thread on the members that have turned there MV F4's into a track only bike as I'm in the process, along with Chris of X-Bikes on doing this.:f4:Any info on what you have done and photos would be much appreciated.:f4:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for the reply. I' am well aware of Donsy's great effort with he's F4 but he's is a race bike but mine will have a daytime m.o.t so it can still be ridden on the road here in the U.K minus the headlamp but retaining the tail lamp and horn.The idea is to make it as light as my wallet will allow and run traction control as its a 312R.I will start posting some photos of it soon as it's still work in progress but I would still like to see some pics of other members bikes.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
interested in your TC

Thank you for the reply. I' am well aware of Donsy's great effort with he's F4 but he's is a race bike but mine will have a daytime m.o.t so it can still be ridden on the road here in the U.K minus the headlamp but retaining the tail lamp and horn.The idea is to make it as light as my wallet will allow and run traction control as its a 312R.I will start posting some photos of it soon as it's still work in progress but I would still like to see some pics of other members bikes.
Here's my go at it Kevin.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49419

Still in the middle of setup now, but it's moving right along.

start at post 18, the rest is just being close to a decision. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Ian
On the traction control front I've gone from a mircotec M226 ecu to a M248 ecu and a AIM digital dash and custom wiring loom which will allow.
Gear position data
Closed loop mapping
Rate of change traction control
Adjustable in 10 steps
Gear specific quick shift kill times
Gear specific rev limits
Gear specific ignition maps
Also the possibility of lunch control and pit lane limiter but not really necessarily on track days.
This is all being done buy the amazing Chris of X-Bikes and he is the man you need to speak to because he knows more than I've forgotten.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hi Ian
On the traction control front I've gone from a mircotec M226 ecu to a M248 ecu and a AIM digital dash and custom wiring loom which will allow.
Gear position data
Closed loop mapping
Rate of change traction control
Adjustable in 10 steps
Gear specific quick shift kill times
Gear specific rev limits
Gear specific ignition maps
Also the possibility of lunch control and pit lane limiter but not really necessarily on track days.
This is all being done buy the amazing Chris of X-Bikes and he is the man you need to speak to because he knows more than I've forgotten.
Now why didn't you just say this from the start.:yo:
Don't forget pictures.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My track 312R has been on the dyno at X-Bikes to map the new Mircotech M248 ECU which has replaced the Mircotech M226 ECU and Chris informs me its pushing out a health 174bhp at the rear wheel, this is with a MWR air filler and Arrow headers and mid pipe and RG3 back box.
Chris's aim and mine is to try and get it to 1bhp per kg which I think we can achieve with a lot more wieght off my wallet i.e carbon airbox and tank and possible exhaust.
The photos show magnisum parts, ecu and AiM dash.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Holy shit Kevin, you aren't screwing around! I don't even want to know how much money is laying on that MV mat. :jsm:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
My track 312R has been on the dyno at X-Bikes to map the new Mircotech M248 ECU which has replaced the Mircotech M226 ECU and Chris informs me its pushing out a health 174bhp at the rear wheel, this is with a MWR air filler and Arrow headers and mid pipe and RG3 back box.
Chris's aim and mine is to try and get it to 1bhp per kg which I think we can achieve with a lot more wieght off my wallet i.e carbon airbox and tank and possible exhaust.
The photos show magnisum parts, ecu and AiM dash.
if you can find other exhaust like FBF/Silmotor for your RG3 you will lose other 4-4.5lbs

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Ian
To me this bike is a marriage for life I brought it new in 2009 and have constantly updated it with bling and preformace parts like most guys do with there bikes.In one respect its the wife and kids because i havent ethier so thats the only way i can justify it and being freelance without a guaranteed income i do look for the best deals and constantly peruse ebay but yea I'd hate to add it all up.The one MV I'd love would be the Veltro Pista and seeing I can't afford one let alone find one this is my homage.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would like to have the Bodis Ti but I just don't think it would get though the db test for track days here in the UK and I love the original organ pipes its an MV signature so the only real option would be the Motocorse titanium which is a financial hit i just cant take.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Looking great Kevin, love the forks and handlebars. Not mentioning the Magnesium parts, that's just awesome.
What rear shock are you using, being in the UK I would suggest having a chat with Nitron ? They build me a great unit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Donys
Thanks the forks were a great eBay buy off a RR and reworked by K-tec and with a 750 F4 headstock and tube
The rear is a Ohlins TTX36 with 3mm swingarm jack up plates.

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
I can hear Andrew's brain right now....

If I can get there, roll up that carpet....:loser::laughing::wave:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts