MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Im trying to adjust my TPS, but i dont understand the mvfaq fully. When i mount the multimeter it shows 360mv, fully opened 4,78. The part i dont understand, is that it should show 100-150mv fully shut? Can anyone please explain this?

Spiro

·
Registered
38 Posts
You are going to have to rotate it when fully closed until you get 150mV. Then open it and let it snap close and ensure it still 150mV. Or just ask James C.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
HI Spiro,

For the MV 1000 the idle setting is 2.1 to 2.3 degrees - 374 to 393mV. 4.85 V at WOT. You are very close to factory optimum. I'm not sure I'd mess with it in that case.

The 150 is when everything is slackened and idle stop wound out then butterflies snapped shut (repeat a few times to ensure reading accuracy)
- the engine off but ignition on

Are you just verifying your baseline or do you feel you need to modify the TPS for absolute accuracy? If you are just going through Tuning 1 then Tuning 2 in the FAQ then IMO you could move on to throttle body sync and CO% work (assuming valves are in order).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks both of you for the help :) Ill move on to adjusting the throttle body sync and CO% work. The valves are ok.

Spiro

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Doesn't make much sense at all to look at TPS before synching the blades. You may find that once you've done that, the TPS will be right.

I haven't actually done any of this yet, just sort of looked at it closely. It will be done within the next 6 months probably.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts