MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q. hi, sorry to bother you, but do you reset the tps with the throttle screw backed right off, ie with the plates sticking on the bodies ? or do you just reset it at the idle rpm ?
cheers. ps. do you have the pro or single version, as i cannot get to set the trim, i have the single ?
cheers.

A. Back off the plates, read the setting via the software, add 2.3 degrees to the setting readout in the software, turn in the stop screw until you get the target reading, then reset the TPS via the software. You need the 5.9 ecu software for ducati. It will work on the 5SM. I'm posting this q/a to the main board for F4s.

Also, here's the instructions I wrote for Ducatis on my blog, edited for use on the MV 5SM ecu.

Connect the VDSTS software to the ecu via the harness. The 5SM can be read by selecting the 5.9 Ducati ecu. Back off the idle setting untill there is a gap between the set screw and the tab that it effects (zero idle preload). Also make sure there is some slop in the throttle cable or the throttle butterflies will never close. Snap the throttle several times to verify that the butterflies are closed and the idle screw is not touching the stop. What does the TPS read? If it reads zero you will need to wind in the set screw till it treads 2.8+ deg and then re-set the TPS. Now wind the idle back out again. The reason you wind the screw in to 2.8 is that the TPS software can’t give you a negative reading, so winding above 2.3 will give you a fudge factor. So now you have a TPS reading of .5+ or so (as long as it’s above zero). And the set screw is not touching the linkage. Take whatever the TPS reading is and add 2.3deg. So if it read .5 and you add 2.3 you come up with 2.8. Wind the set screw in till it reads 2.8deg. Then re-set the TPS. It will now be assigned a value of 2.3 and you actually have 2.3 deg on the trottle blades. You’ll have to read the above steps about a dozen times, drink a few beers, sleep on it and pray to Mecca 5x a day before it will start to make sense. What you are doing with the steps is telling the computer where idle is. Once the computer knows that, it uses its other sensors and fuel map to make the MV sing. For the 1.6 ecu, you can use the blogspot technique for setting the TPS using a multimeter and measuring the millivolts.

LT

·
Registered
101 Posts
tps

well i didnt get that at all on my reset, oh !! i backed the plates off, reset tps i had about .3 i think, then wound the screw in til the bike idles at 1200 rpm and it now reads about 3.5 i think, is it always supposed to be 2.3 deg ? and what is my setting going to do, ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts