MV Agusta Forum banner

TPS Reset with VDST Software Issue / Idle Issue

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  eltsanwich 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

Back story: I installed the full arrow on my bike, it ran great with the stock ECU. The guy I bought it from threw in a power commander and when I installed that the idle has been jumping ever since. I uninstall the power commander and it does the same. So I thought I'd start with a TPS reset.

I'm attempting to reset the TPS on my 2012 Brutale 1090RR and I need to know if I'm good to go. And if I need to start looking at something else now.

Here is my set up: Running VDST software on a Windows 7 machine in Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compatibility mode. The application connects and appears to work correctly from what I can tell.

(See screen shots) Before the reset my TPS was showing 1 degree. After the reset my TPS is showing 2.3 closed and 76.5 fully open. So that's clearly different.

The idle is better (slightly) but its still jumping around. It did not do this before the power commander install and I have not touched any balance screws.

According to the manual that comes with the software there is an additional window that is suppose to pop up after the TPS is reset but the application does nothing after the countdown. It also says the TPS should read 4.5 - 4.9

Any ideas??

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
OK, good at least that is set correctly. It looks like the idle is set by the O2 sensor. With the power commander installed it is running with the optimizer. It was late last night so I didn't let the bike warm up all the way. I'll restart the bike, let it warm up and see what happens. If that doesn't work I'll remove the optimizer and put the power commander in pass through mode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.