MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have installed a race ecu in my Brutale 1078 RR.
With the old ecu the engine was idling around 1200 rpm.
Now the racing ecu is in the idle has raised to 1800 rpm, so not really pleasant.
So, is this due to the TPS having to be reset?

My question, will the idle speed drop to approx. 1200 if i reset the tps now?
Or do i have to mechanically adjust the idle speed and then reset the TPS?

Thanks in advance!
Kjeld

·
Super Moderator
22,328 Posts
Um, what is your source for THAT information...?

·
Super Moderator
22,328 Posts
So, you are giving advice based on a guess? The model was given in the original post as a 1078 Brutale. This preceded 2010 and that implies a 1.6M. ECU. I’ll verify that when I get near my computer. I don’t have confirmatory data on my phone.

·
Super Moderator
22,328 Posts
1.JPG

Tomorrow morning I will review the idle speed adjustment procedure and post that up.

That is presuming the OP hasn't already read his manual, available here: Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta and figure it out. (Hint: You want the Edition 5 manual....)

·
Administrator
19,829 Posts
Chuck.....last of the 1.6M were 2006 for Brutale and F4. After that and until 2010 all bikes used 5SM......I think you had too much dark liquids when posting that. Not sure where in the hell that service manual info came from..IT IS WRONG.

As to the original post... you MUST reset the TPS.

·
Super Moderator
22,328 Posts
I’m starting to see the light Ed. That was directly from the edition5 manual...and we all know how accurate MV manuals are.

·
Super Moderator
22,328 Posts
The software spoken of is the VDST software for the 5SM ECU. I suspect the TPS does need to be reset to 2.33 v.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The software spoken of is the VDST software for the 5SM ECU. I suspect the TPS does need to be reset to 2.33 v.
Yes it must be reset. I have 5SM software which i can only read fault codes and measurements with, no tps reset sadly.
The tps atm shows 5.2 degrees and it says throttle is in the midrange and not closed.

I believe that the vdst software is quite expensive, isn't it? Else i'll have it reset at an MV dealership or a mechanic that could do it.

What about the vdst software? What are the costs and is it downloadable/could someone send it over by mail or anything?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
22,328 Posts
I have the required software and I could send it to you at your cost. I would need to have it returned to me so that I can work on my bikes.

The program works on an older Microsoft window XP or Vista system.

·
Administrator
19,829 Posts
The software could be downloaded from a "Dropbox" account or similar...but you need the communication cable to use it.

I also have the tool and would loan it to you, but perhaps there is another forum member nearby who could help??

Like Chuck's software, mine runs on older machines (Windows XP platform). I have an old lap top in my shop just for diag software.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The software could be downloaded from a "Dropbox" account or similar...but you need the communication cable to use it.

I also have the tool and would loan it to you, but perhaps there is another forum member nearby who could help??

Like Chuck's software, mine runs on older machines (Windows XP platform). I have an old lap top in my shop just for diag software.
I have VAG-KKL cables and an ELM327 connector, does one of these do the trick?
If it has to run on XP i have to acheologically dig out my desktop :grin2:

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
It runs on windows 8.1 and should run on windows 10, do not try and adjust it manually , Have fun done all this years ago find my posts and there is a lot of them on this topic ,good luck.

cheers Eddy

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
vdst software ,you will only be able to reset Tps and adjust Fuel trim ,now fuel trim is important to slightly raise the idle if to low , if the idle is to low you have to muck around with the bleed screws also to raise it . under no circumstances touch any screws on the throttle bodies , DANGER DANGER ,Lol

·
Administrator
19,829 Posts
It runs on windows 8.1 and should run on windows 10, do not try and adjust it manually , Have fun done all this years ago find my posts and there is a lot of them on this topic ,good luck.

cheers Eddy
The software I have didn't work on my newer machines. I'm sure later versions would.

vdst software ,you will only be able to reset Tps and adjust Fuel trim ,now fuel trim is important to slightly raise the idle if to low , if the idle is to low you have to muck around with the bleed screws also to raise it . under no circumstances touch any screws on the throttle bodies , DANGER DANGER ,Lol
The Fuel Trim is only active if you have the "Race" ECU. The standard 5SM will not allow it. That is the one with active o2 sensor. The oxygen sensor controls the fuel trim.

I have no idea if the cables you have are compatible. The "Dongle" in the cable controls what machines the software can talk to. I bought "single brand" only for MV.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
By memory i think there is a usb driver update somewhere ,probably on there site ,was a long time ago,No idea on fuel trim on standard ECU .

CHEERS EDDY

1 - 20 of 21 Posts