MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the TPO rear axle nut tool for the F4 on eBay a good thing to have or direct from MV Agusta ??

What about the front tool?? Where should I get these??

All input welcome,

ThanQ

·
Administrator
19,853 Posts
I have the SpeedyMoto tool...rear nut and front axle in one.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I haven't got the TPO axle tool, but I have purchased a lot of other items from TPO and all have been outstanding quality.

·
Super Moderator
22,347 Posts
I also have the SpeedyMoto tool.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you,

Noel is billet referring to aluminum (doesn't sound right)? , the TPO one is stainless steel. Or opt for the combo tool as mentioned above? decisions, decisions.......

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Thank you,

Noel is billet referring to aluminum (doesn't sound right)? , the TPO one is stainless steel. Or opt for the combo tool as mentioned above? decisions, decisions.......
I have been told to get the alloy one so it doesn't damage the nut.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
twisting nuts

wheel nut wrenches;

i have both an aluminum "alloy" socket
and a 'Speedymoto', its alloy steel and VERY nicely made,
cut into the back:
162ft/lbs, MV Agusta, Speedymoto AND wheel side reverse threads

if you're worried about marring the nut.....a layer of 3M electrical tape fits when wrapped all the way around the nut, with both sockets!

AlJax; "billet" means its carved out of a 'billet' or solid material, the material doesn't matter

i bought the steering stem wrench from the people in the ebay link i gave nice work too

the dual purpose ones sound good, but i already had a socket for the front axle....the 2 rear sockets came with the bike

Cheers

Noel-theknurl

·
Registered
107 Posts
Its and old thread, but I have some questions

Greetings:

Just took delivery of my 2007 F4 1000R. Have some questions....
The tires have never been changed. They are the OEM Pirellis,

As torqued from the factory, is an aluminum socket enough to remove the nut? I am leaning to the aluminum tool, I plan to use anti-seize on the threads but I don't think the nut has ever been removed.

The TPO tool is steel, it is advertised as fitting both tapered and non-tapered nuts, how is this possible? I emailed the seller and he says the nut grips the flat sides of the nut, are they not tapered as well?

Is there anything special about the front axle nut, or will any 12 pt socket of the correct size do?

I am thinking about buying a rear-only socket and getting a standard 12 pt for the front....can't bring myself to spend 80.00 plus ship for the speedymoto tool :)-()

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Not sure how it would do both tapered and non-tapered. I have got lots of ti bolts from TPO. Always great items. I would trust them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Been waiting a month for my ebay TPO tool to arrive by post. The guy Allen has given me his email address but he still takes days and days to respond to my emails, meanwhile I have a new Mitch's hub sitting here waiting to install but obv I cant.
My relationship with TPO is over!!!! not because of the mystery freight hold-up but because he's a shit communicator. Im pissed-off

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have the stainless TPO tool, The only thing i dont like is the weight of it as i take it on over night trips in a back pack.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts