MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've recently implemented a TPMS system with external valve sensor. It works but it is far from perfect. I'm looking to implement another one with internal sensor. While searching for those system, I found out that there is 2 existing diameters for valves : 11,3 mm and 8,3 mm. Would anyone know the standard valve diameter on our MVs?

Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
Why not simply measure your valve stem?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not simply measure your valve stem?
Well, I did search for the information to avoid unmounting my tires to measure this. Ultimately found the information somewhere else discussing with people about this and forgot to report here:
MV valve stem diameter is 8.3 mm, just like Ducati and most european bikes right now.

Hello. I'm going to ask about this.
In the meantime, can you tell me wish sistem did you buy and where ?
I found one system with specific valve for 8.3 mm diameter, but it was not mountable as the Valve inner part was not long enough. I've then found another one Steelmate TP-91I which should mount, but I've not mounted it yet. Waiting for next tire replacement for this.

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
Well, I did search for the information to avoid unmounting my tires to measure this. Ultimately found the information somewhere else discussing with people about this and forgot to report here:
MV valve stem diameter is 8.3 mm, just like Ducati and most european bikes right now.
Um, why wouldn't you simply remove the valve cap and put a vernier across the diameter of the protruding stem? No unmounting required....

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
I think he's talking about the diameter of the stem going through the rim.

Reactions: MarcSilverTriple

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Um, why wouldn't you simply remove the valve cap and put a vernier across the diameter of the protruding stem? No unmounting required....
For the diameter going inside the rim, you need to unmount the tire, specially considering angled valves we have on our MV Agusta

I think he's talking about the diameter of the stem going through the rim.
Exactly. I was not fully clear in my first post on the topic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts