MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, not a huge distance, but covered 700miles on my F3 with overnight stop. Happy daze.
I normally tour on my RVF, but figured I'd try the F3. Had a great time. Did scuff the paint though as I tried to climb aboard - luggage + short legs. Gah.
Still, she's there to be ridden.
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
No such thing as an inappropriate machine for touring, it's the journey/where you go that matters. A plush touring bike might make sense for big motorway miles but when you get to the twisty mountain roads guess who's going to have more fun? My regular touring buddy rides a 996, we've been doing annual tours of 2,000 to 2,500 miles every year for the last 7 years.

Reactions: cruiser

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of seat is that? looks comfy and soft.
+ those mirrors Rizoma?

Yes, Rizoma mirrors. I got sick of being able to see only a blurry nothing in the originals. Expensive, but work very well.

The seat - not sure. It was on the bike when I got it. It was singularly uncomfortable when I got the bike though. I took the cover off and changed the foam underneath then put the cover back on - now very comfortable!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Yes, Rizoma mirrors. I got sick of being able to see only a blurry nothing in the originals. Expensive, but work very well.

The seat - not sure. It was on the bike when I got it. It was singularly uncomfortable when I got the bike though. I took the cover off and changed the foam underneath then put the cover back on - now very comfortable!
I dont really understand the OEM mirrors. Just yesterday I drove highway speeds and the right mirror was clear as hell. No vibrations whatsoever. Left one was blurry so hard to see anything.
Stopped at a traffic light, went home and now Left mirror clear and right mirror blurry............:|I think ill put some thick packigin material behind the mirrors and see if it dampens the vibrations.

The rizoma's are so expensive. Got to wait for those for now. Future mod.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont really understand the OEM mirrors. Just yesterday I drove highway speeds and the right mirror was clear as hell. No vibrations whatsoever. Left one was blurry so hard to see anything.
Stopped at a traffic light, went home and now Left mirror clear and right mirror blurry............:|I think ill put some thick packigin material behind the mirrors and see if it dampens the vibrations.

Yes, the stock mirrors were crazy. The Rizomas are way too expensive, but I got them from a French company who offered a discount on your first order, and the cost of the Rizomas made it very worthwhile!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Expensive but worth it. Have them on my 675. They look so nice and vibration free

I kind of went crazy with the Rizoma parts. Got the mirrors, bar ends, gas cap, front and rear axle sliders, rear sets and passenger foot pegs. Oh and clutch and alternator skid plates too. Almost forget the brake reservoirs...

Second weekend I had my bike we did about 300 miles in a day. Body was hurting after that...

Stopped at a traffic light, went home and now Left mirror clear and right mirror blurry............
I think ill put some thick packigin material behind the mirrors and see if it dampens the vibrations.

Yes, the stock mirrors were crazy. The Rizomas are way too expensive, but I got them from a French company who offered a discount on your first order, and the cost of the Rizomas made it very worthwhile!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Any chance you could provide a link to this site? I'm thinking about they but bloody expensive!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts