MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So much for that. They are waiting on MV to supply them with a paint sample to match so couldn't supply the paint. Frack.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I bought red and silver bottles of touchup paint from Colorite online. I've used the red on a small scratch and it looks very close. Haven't tried the silver.

Eric

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
I bought red and silver bottles of touchup paint from Colorite online. I've used the red on a small scratch and it looks very close. Haven't tried the silver.

Eric

I can do a decent job with the red touch up bottles...

I have tried metallic. It is merely a stop gap until the job can be one properly ie the finish is el crappo...

joe

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up getting paint from an paint supplier that uses a machine to match. Still looks like crap and doesn't match that well. Covered fairing scratch with a sticker from my Gubellini damper and I'm looking at getting TechSpec's tank grip to cover tank scratch. Thanks asshole who scratched my bike and didn't say anything.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Jon;
PM Dave, the_castle, he probably has the codes and a painter that won't fuck it up

:drummer:
Thanks, god what a drama to get a bit touched up. To get done at body shop it was going to be a bit under $1000. Yikes. Anyway sticker looks good and my tank grip has arrived so if I don't make a mess of that trying to trim to size all should be ok.
Ps Palinol paint codes are a complete mystery in the Southern Hemisphere. It seems paint databases don't match up around the world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts