·
Registered
503 Posts
Now that's slicing it thin.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
radskeyboard said:
:jsm: is this tokyo lunch on his way to work??!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

come on guys, plenty of space in there....

That certainly looks like the Shuto around Tokyo. Couldn't read any signs though or recognize landmarks. But this is an ugly city, tough to tell sometimes.

This is what I was doing all day saturday....1000 miles in 24 hours on THIS road. it was mental. I'll never do it again. had to really push it overnight to make up for lost time in traffic like that. would cruise at 90-110-ish (mph) on the back straights to yokohama. Not terribly safe, but I did make it. My ass is still hurting and my clutch hand is fuct. AND this was on an FJR, so filtering like that isn't quite that easy. it ain't a small bike!!!

:yo:

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
I can't believe the number of trucks and buses! Doesn't Tokyo have a train or sea cargo system?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Sventekoz said:
I can't believe the number of trucks and buses! Doesn't Tokyo have a train or sea cargo system?
Of course there is.... But this particular highway circles around a metropolitan area of about 35 million people.... cargo don't go on the subway!! :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Reminds me of the Brooklyn Queens Expressway

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Man, it's hard not to flinch when watching that.
Is lane splitting legal in Japan?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
fazer6 said:
Man, it's hard not to flinch when watching that.
Is lane splitting legal in Japan?

good question. i'm not sure actually the precise law. everybody does it (which in itself doesn't mean anything).

Things you CANNOT do include: filtering using the shoulder, crossing the center line of the road, crossing any yellow line (which is there at some intersections to 'prevent' people from changing lanes right at the light or something....that's how they'll nab bikers in traffic...for crossing yellow. not for filtering itself).

I tried to find out what the legalities are if you get hit by somebody while filtering. the response was difficult and involved whether or not you passed the line where the car is or something like that. didn't quite get it.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
Of course there is.... But this particular highway circles around a metropolitan area of about 35 million people.... cargo don't go on the subway!! :)
Fairy nuff. I guess I'm just used to living in a sleepy hollow of only a couple of million people. I think if there were that many trucks on the road here we'd have a riot. It wasn't so long ago that very large trucks (road-trains as we call them) were allowed closer than the city outskirts...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts