MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will try in English, but words are technical.
What is the torque of the rear wheel of the MY010 F4?
In spain we are discussing this, someone say between 22 and 24 kgm, but in my workshop told me that is too.
They have this dinamometric keys...are enought?
2lllnx0.jpg
What it's the correct number torque?
thanksssss for your time.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
torque values?

SpainF4;
the manuals are available here;
http://my.agusta.us/

the wheel nut torque is 220-240 Nm left hand threads!!!
the sprocket side nut torque is 200-220 Nm
on page N-4,5 of the service manual

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
SpainF4;
you're welcome!

use a product like Never Seez on the threads and a little on the taper of the wheel nut too
http://www.bostik-us.com/Images/markets/PNS_W(9mqts3).jpg

Remember to adjust the torque settings in conjunction to the lubricant you are using, well known industry brands such as “copperslip” have charts for reference with regards to torque settings
This may not be as much a problem with small torque figures but when high torque figures are involved lubricants severely affect the torque setting figures.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
torque specs?

Remember to adjust the torque settings in conjunction to the lubricant you are using, well known industry brands such as “copperslip” have charts for reference with regards to torque settings
This may not be as much a problem with small torque figures but when high torque figures are involved lubricants severely affect the torque setting figures.
the reason i said to use Never Seez is to stop the galvanic corrosion within the rear axle assembly......

the spec'd torque numbers are a joke.....i use way less
its kind of like the rear axle nut torque specs on an old VW....296 Nm:wtf::wtf:

or the one for the rear of a Jaguar XJS......they put a spacer between the the tapered roller bearings instead of doing it like a front wheel......yes, i threw the spacers away......and the POS transmission mount too......

F41NXS......i worked in the Engineering Dept of HiShear Corp an aerospace fastener company......so i'm aware of torquing nuts and bolts......surface finish on the threads is 10 times more important than the lube

just a thought.....

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the reason i said to use Never Seez is to stop the galvanic corrosion within the rear axle assembly......

its kind of like the rear axle nut torque specs on an old VW....296 Nm:wtf::wtf:

or the one for the rear of a Jaguar XJS......they put a spacer between the the tapered roller bearings instead of doing it like a front wheel......yes, i threw the spacers away......and the POS transmission mount too......

F41NXS......i worked in the Engineering Dept of HiShear Corp an aerospace fastener company......so i'm aware of torquing nuts and bolts......surface finish on the threads is 10 times more important than the lube

just a thought.....

very interesting.
I've been reading all , thank you for all, I'll put around 20 Nn, I think that is enough, I certainly believe that to have this special and beatifull bike sometimes we get a little silly .....

·
Banned
2,732 Posts

just a thought.....

dont think shell would accept that when torquing up gas compressors

·
Banned
1,449 Posts

just a thought.....

I think F41NXS was just making him awere of a potential problem. I agree with you the spec'd torque numbers are a joke and when it take 3 grown men plus a very large bar to remove the rear wheel, it really is a joke.:jsm:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts