MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where to put the tool kit on a 2014 f4 with ABS, no room under the passenger seat?
Thanks chris

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys found where to put it, there was another lever to get the riders seat up.

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quick one - should I have got a toolkit with my MY2010 (bought new and unused a couple of months ago).
Dealer says there are no tools provided. I find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'd scarcely call what you get with the B3 a toolkit. Two Allen keys and a fuse puller clipped to the underside of the seat hardly qualify as a toolkit in my book. And the C wrench for chain adjustment is clearly not intended to be kept on the bike so that doesn't qualify either.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I'd scarcely call what you get with the B3 a toolkit. Two Allen keys and a fuse puller clipped to the underside of the seat hardly qualify as a toolkit in my book. And the C wrench for chain adjustment is clearly not intended to be kept on the bike so that doesn't qualify either.

That's enough to go around the bike and do up the loose bolts not tightened at the factory ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's enough to go around the bike and do up the loose bolts not tightened at the factory ;)
That may be so, but it still doesn't qualify them to be called a toolkit.

Having said that, I'm not entirely sure what use a toolkit is. I can't imagine doing anything much to fix a bike away from home. Most likely it's going to need to be towed to someone who knows what they're doing. I can't ever recall having to actually use a bike (or for that matter even a car) toolkit.

·
Administrator
19,517 Posts
Speaking of tool kits.....only a few companies give you anything close to a tool kit these days. Less weight, less cost.
My current car doesn't come with a spare tire!! Just a can of aerosol "fix-a-flat", a small 12v air compressor, and a note that basically tells you how to use it and wishes you best of luck!
Again, less weight, less cost. This is becoming quite common in modern automobiles.

So at least you got the spanner to adjust the chain.....but not the torque wrench to tighten the pinch bolts!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
in the space in the rear fairing off to the side along the rear subframe is where mine was from new and yes there is a tool kit with these bikes. Don't let the sales screw you.

·
Registered
229 Posts
In your face !

You guys all got screwed; I not only received the tool kit, I received a box that contained: 1. Heavy metal USB drive (not sure what type of metal but, it's solid) that had the owners manual, the quick user guide, a second key, a card w/ the matching key code, a brochure, an MV Agusta key ring and the manual itself.
Next time consider shopping at MotoForza! -Davis ;) :bandit:

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys all got screwed; I not only received the tool kit, I received a box that contained: 1. Heavy metal USB drive (not sure what type of metal but, it's solid) that had the owners manual, the quick user guide, a second key, a card w/ the matching key code, a brochure, an MV Agusta key ring and the manual itself.
Next time consider shopping at MotoForza! -Davis ;) :bandit:
thats what i got but it still didn't tell me where to put it! But love that box of goodies

·
Registered
661 Posts
I got all that, except for the plug socket. I bought that from a local place because it was too much hassle to tell dealer to ship it. The thumb drive is cool, it has the warranty manual in there as well if you look hard enough.
Oh by the way, the pic up there is still missing something, the document folder that stores your reg and insurance papers. I had to buy that separate as well instead to telling the dealer to send to me. crazy. This is small stuff compared to all the other rework I had to do to get my bike to brand new condition.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got all that, except for the plug socket. I bought that from a local place because it was too much hassle to tell dealer to ship it. The thumb drive is cool, it has the warranty manual in there as well if you look hard enough.
Oh by the way, the pic up there is still missing something, the document folder that stores your reg and insurance papers.

I got that as well but, it's full of reg & insurance papers; so, I didn't include it in the photo. . -Davis

·
Vendor
5,280 Posts
Maybe MV are saving costs these days.My 1078 F4 came with full tool kit including spark plug socket,pouch with manual and other bits.Battery charger and fitting kit,rear axle stand.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe MV are saving costs these days.My 1078 F4 came with full tool kit including spark plug socket,pouch with manual and other bits.Battery charger and fitting kit,rear axle stand.
mine too, the old 1078 that is

1 - 20 of 36 Posts