MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in....but I've been following Ian's thread regarding some hub components in the for sale section...http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152458

Some members (Noel..,Mitchy..,etc) have raised the issue with difficulty regarding the seeger ring that fits into a recess retaining the ball bearing in place on the right/wheel side of the hub.

It is a little tricky to remove this ring ...,as it is difficult to get a 'grip' on it ....however quite a while ago I made a simple little tool from an old broken 'heavy duty' painters scraper.

I ground it to an appropriate shape as illustrated with a parallel 'chamfer' on either side.....this locates into the sloped end of the opening in the seeger ring.

You then simply 'twist' the tool which in turn "lifts' this end of the seeger ring out of it's groove allowing you to insert a little jewellers screwdriver into the gap created..,thus enabling you remove the ring easily.

Hopefully the following photos will explain the process.

With a little ingenuity..,most things are solvable:)
Brian.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Very clever mate! I believe I'll set about making one of those, thanks for taking the time and posting pictures Brian.

·
Administrator
18,827 Posts
Brian is a master machinist, isn't he.??

Great stuff, as usual.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys....,it's a simple tool.,easily made .,cheap and it works...............what's not to like!:)
Brian.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very clever mate! I believe I'll set about making one of those, thanks for taking the time and posting pictures Brian.
Nicely done Brian. One of my paint scrapers will be getting a new purpose in life very soon!! :yo:

Dave.
If I was going to make it again.,I'd make to end of the blade 'wider'..(around 25-30mm) as mine being only 11.85mm wants to scrape the dust seal on the bearing during the 'twisting' process to lift the end on the seeger ring out of it's groove.

Brian:).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts