MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife been complaining about comfort on my bikes a while now so I took the plunge today to add my 2010 f4 to my collection of track only bikes and bought a 2015 1090rr on the cheap (10,000€, 250 km...).

Pick her up this weekend!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
still in the shop...but here is one i took when checking it out.
Beautiful bike!....Jochen (Cherche) had one the same...unfortunately he wrote it off on the track:bawling:

Here's his bike along with him and myself when we met up in Lake Garda in Italy.

Congratulations!!
Brian:)

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice.

For me, the motivation is twofold - 1. i was getting tired of swapping my F4 from road to track each time i wanted to play (or if i just didn't want to use my daytona) and 2. my wife complains waaaay too much when she has to climb on the back of a sportsbike.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congratulations. Lovely looking bike. Definitely more suited to street riding than the F4, although I'm not too sure about pillion comfort. She'll just have to hold on tight!!!!

Dave.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
short runs only (work, shopping, movies, pub...) so should be ok.
need to get jacket saying "if you can read this, the b*tch fell off"

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lausanne. No mods other that rear sets. Mods are for "go fast" and this bike is banned from the track!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
picked her up yesterday (BTW, bought with never riding it...only a base 1090 a few months ago).

WTF are you guys talking about...not comfortable??? The seat feels as soft as my couch and of course the upright riding position - should be good for at least 1h trips before discomfort. Compared to the F4 - wow!

Wife went out for a quick ride - she likes a lot...more comfortable, lower, better position.

Only negative right now is the 0.5 second delay between the throttle and the actual acceleration. I also found out that it is a 2012 model (never registered before Friday though)...are there map updates since then that i can make sure they put in at first service?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree. That and the known stumbling due to fueling at low rpm makes it a bit annoying. Will get a refer remap at 1000km and have them check the tps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts