MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having kitted my MVF4 with every piece of carbon fibre going and put a red alacantra seat on her like the Ago, together with a set of BlueFlame pipes; I took her to school today to show the kids (I am a teacher).

I have had so many pupils coming up to me saying they love the bike what make is it etc. Have spent most of the day talking bikes especially as my lid and leathers are hanging in the classroom!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
When I was at school we had a teacher who came to work on a Triumph Bonneville, we all thought he was really cool. I bet the kids at your school think it's great to have a teacher with a MV. :)

Plenty of photos please David, I've taken the plunge and bought some stuff off Emoto too, should be here this week. :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
That's great!!! how about the reactions from the young female teachers? :naughty:

I am a teacher also, I coach chamber music(teenagers) and teach cello (teenagers up tp graduate school students)privately, on top of that, I have my 4 y/o son enrolled on a co-op pre school so I have to work as a teacher's assistant once a week along with 7 other parents.

The reactions you get from the students are great... the 4 y/o kids thinks you area super hero :laughing: the older kids thinks that you are one of them, but much cooler, a super teacher perhaps... it makes it easier to connect with them, maybe it's the "fun" and "cool" factor of sportsbike riding.

and then there are the mix reactions of the other teachers and parents...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Ben, I bet they call you: ODONATA - The fastest Cello in the West! :laughing:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
That's a cool idea. Although I'm not a teacher I could do something like that... Enough to tell about MV :eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the replies.

I teach History (have done so for 2 years, late into teaching after previous career) and a new subject 'Citizenship' (concept borrowed from the USA) the kids are 11-18. The kids (all boys school) have been out to look at the bike some of the one's I had not thought I had reached are talking and jabbering away about their Dad's, Uncles bikes.............I try to tell them that if they knuckle down and study they can buy decent bikes and cars (not being pompous but trying to motivate some of the less fortunate pupils) They want me to bring the Duke in next!

I remember an old teacher of mine had a Honda Silver Wing like John, we all thought he was cool as he blatted off in a cloud of burnt oil!

As for the female staff a few thought the leathers looked cool, with a few Cooors!

I keep meaning to take some pics, will get my Dad to do a few on his new camera!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Flanners said:
Cheers for the replies.

I teach History (have done so for 2 years, late into teaching after previous career) and a new subject 'Citizenship' (concept borrowed from the USA) the kids are 11-18. The kids (all boys school) have been out to look at the bike some of the one's I had not thought I had reached are talking and jabbering away about their Dad's, Uncles bikes.............I try to tell them that if they knuckle down and study they can buy decent bikes and cars (not being pompous but trying to motivate some of the less fortunate pupils) They want me to bring the Duke in next!
I guess you don't get the snickering flock of teenage school girls as you come and go. :guitarist :drummer: :guitarist it's better that way...K.I.S.S . principle. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts