MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the weekend at the Sturgis SD motorcycle rally. :yo: I thought I would be the only Brutale there, but I did see another woman on what looked like a 750. The bike was definitely unique -- turned a lot of heads. Got lots of questions about my bike. Most people never heard of MV Agusta; granted this is a Harley crowd. I think the folks at MV owe me for word of mouth advertising.

There were other sportbikes at Sturgis, which was a nice surprise. The roads in the Black Hills of South Dakota are great for sportbikes. Sweeping twisties in the mountains, and long, fast, cop-free straightaways through the rest of the state.

The Brutale is more comfortable on long road trips than my sportbike. I wasn't affected by the high winds as my friend who was riding a Ninja 1400. Going 100 mph felt pretty comfortable. At 145 mph, tho, I felt like I was going to fly off the bike.

I'd go to Sturgis again. It's turned into a rally for everyone.

Cheers!
Cindy
06 Brutale 910
04 Aprilia RSV 1000

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very impressive, going to Sturgis on an MV! Not sure you'd win a lot of converts to MV among the Harley-Sturgis crowd, but hats off to you for doing the trip. And the Black Hills are fabulous......

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
CynthiaM said:
I spent the weekend at the Sturgis SD motorcycle rally. :yo: I thought I would be the only Brutale there, but I did see another woman on what looked like a 750. The bike was definitely unique -- turned a lot of heads. Got lots of questions about my bike. Most people never heard of MV Agusta; granted this is a Harley crowd. I think the folks at MV owe me for word of mouth advertising.

There were other sportbikes at Sturgis, which was a nice surprise. The roads in the Black Hills of South Dakota are great for sportbikes. Sweeping twisties in the mountains, and long, fast, cop-free straightaways through the rest of the state.

The Brutale is more comfortable on long road trips than my sportbike. I wasn't affected by the high winds as my friend who was riding a Ninja 1400. Going 100 mph felt pretty comfortable. At 145 mph, tho, I felt like I was going to fly off the bike.

I'd go to Sturgis again. It's turned into a rally for everyone.

Cheers!
Cindy
06 Brutale 910
04 Aprilia RSV 1000
Cindy...

YOU ROCK!!!! :yo:
As a multiple Harley owner (see signature), I absolutely love that you "crashed" Sturgis with the Brute! Sounds like they treated you okay, too. Generally, many H-Ders have a hard time spelling "MV".

Your 1400 Ninja friend also has great taste. Just got mine and it is the SCHIZZLE! (For you, Madman!)

I love 'em all, but MVs rule! Oh... and especially WOMEN on MVs!!

...Blake

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
WYD OPN said:
Just got mine and it is the SCHIZZLE! (For you, Darkside!)
Sorry, Dark!

I have taken my meds and will edit the above post to include the appropriate screen name for whom the lame humor was intended. Please proceed with whatever you were doing prior to this awkward intrusion into your life.

... WYD

BTW - I am NOT schizophrenic... Neither am I... Well, I'M sure not... Hey, who are ya'll talkin' to... :jsm: :wtf: :jsm:

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
No worries.........I knew it wasn't for me :bawling: and I'm sure MADMAN knows that it was for him(I miss him....where did he go? oh yea, ya gotta whisper madman now) :flickoff: .........no one ever wants to be my friend :bawling:................. I thought we were friends :cry: ...............................damn, I think it's time for my meds too :later:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts