MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled the trigger. I picked up my f4-1000 on Friday. Ordered a new helmet (Arai Corsair Black Edwards), a back protector (ForceField) and I'm going to go get fitted for some leather at Z-Custom next weekend. Expensive love affair, I tell ya.
I also ordered clear lenses for the front and rear. The rear ones will also serve as blinkers so I can pull off the rear fender. I haven't figured out what to do about the license plate yet, but I don't have one yet, so...
As I mentioned in another thread, the seat feels like sitting on a bucket. And my left wrist hurts. I'm thinking both will take care of themselves in time, though. My wrist hurt for the first few rides on my R6, too.
I want to order an SP rear hugger, but I'm a little sketch about drilling into my swingarm. Are there any reasonable looking alternatives?
Oh, and eventually I need to replace all of the "fake carbon" with real carbon. I would be happier if they just left it as regular plastics. I'm not into the fake carbon look.

So I put on about 80 miles Friday and today. I love this bike. It doesn't feel any heavier than my R6 did. Almost as flickable, a lot more planted, but a little more fidgety. I think the fidgety feeling is because my 6 was carbeurated and there was a certain amount of play in the throttle. With the MV, you twitch your wrist and it responds NOW. It's a good thing, I'm just not used to it yet. I also REALLY like the decel exhaust valve held open. I found I was much smoother and composed coming into corners because I can downshift earlier and use the brakes into the corner, then roll on smoothly because I'm already in the right gear and the decel->accell transition isn't as harsh. Very nice, but a bit disconcerting the first few times it "drives itself" into a corner.
I didn't get a chance to really bind up the brakes, but they were functional =)
The last thing I wanted to mention was how cool it was meeting all these new people when I ride it. EVERYONE stops to talk about the bike. Those who know have approving words. Those who don't know ask if it's a Ducati.
"No, I said...This is what Ducatis dream they are when they sleep"

Here are some pics:
Flickr Link

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea. Thats the motorcycle parking area at my work. Just happens to be a 749 there most days. Pretty bike. I wish I had one of each (999 and MV)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Congratulations! nice bike, enjoy.

The swingarm on your 1000 should be pre-drilled (3 holes) - have a look between the rear wheel and swingarm.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hrm. I don't see any holes that look like they would mount a rear hugger. Does anyone have pics of the mounting holes for the SP hugger?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it at GP Motorcycles of San Diego. They are all very helpful and friendly down there. I'm pretty young (and look even younger) and I went to a few other shops first to look at the RSVR Factory and the 999. GP Motorcycles was the first place I went where the sales guy seemed to enjoy talking about the bikes, rather than seeming annoyed to answer my questions. If you call/go there, talk with Josh, and if you want, let him know that Ryan told you about the place. Josh is cool, and he loves bikes. He owns 4 himself.

Right now they have an 05 blue/silver/0 miles, an 05 red/silver/9k miles, an 06 black/0 miles, and I think they're getting a Senna this week.

·
Registered
375 Posts
2006 models have pre-drilled swing arms. The 2005 F4's did not, at least I have never seen a 2005 that was pre drilled. I had to drill three 3/8" holes when I mounted my MVSP hugger.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Congrats on your cool new bike :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts