MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided on my last weekend here to cook a nice tasty little snack for the Americans...Company was invited over and I spent the afternoon researching a little known delicacy ( outside Cardiff ) called Welsh Rarebit.

Posh cheese on toast to the initiated...

Everything was perfect..English Mustard, Sharp cheddar cheese, Worcester sauce...and delicious French stick ( bread ) La Pain

So we were all chatting as I busied myself with the sauce, casually asked the g'f what setting to put the grill on to lightly brown the bread before putting the very delicious cheese sauce on for a few minutes to finish it off to perfection.

In went the bread, It couldn't have been more that 15 secs when g'f said not to leave it too long or it would be over done. I opened the oven and there was what I can only describe as Spontaneous combustion with flames shooting and smoke :jsm: :ahhh: :ahhh: OMG I was humiliated :bawling::bawling: and yes the sign now fits..I'll take it like a man :jerkoff: :loser:

Then there was :blah::blah::thewife::thewife:

Beam me up Scotty , please :violin::bawling::bawling:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I'm good Joe, I don't like Cajun food.

Does sound delicious, though! Next time, top rack, low fire, check every 10 sec until you get the melted, golden deliciousness you desire.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
if you cant do toast ,,
can you boil water

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Even the dog was p'd off with me Brian...ha !

anyway, my mind was elsewhere..

Look what was waiting for me back in England...Poor thing was still wearing her Christmas garb !

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts