MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I hava a little issue with Microtec on Brutale 1090RR 2012, father's bike.

We installed the ECU and through ''try and see'' method managed to get very good rideability with very good power(arse-dyno says so).

However; the bike has too little engine brakig. When you are coming to the corner and want to scrub off some speed with only shut throttle, the engine is not braking enough.
It also happens in neutral revving the bike; if you blip the revs up to let's say 5000 RPM, with a slow blip, the revs will only slowly come down to idle.

Maybe anyone has a clue?
Maybe it's easy for Chris to solve this?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys.
The thing is, I alredy took out some fuel in 0% throttle. Should I take out some more?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am not the expert on this, as Chris @ X-Bikes should be able to fully explain in detail, but from my point of view, fueling is not the issue. The microtec controls the EBS valve (anti-engine braking) and as such, is likely the best place to start looking. It has its own map which if memory serves me right, is in the PWM area of the maps window. Should be a short, one line map defining PWM output 0 - 100% (pulse output to EBS valve) vs. Engine RPM when throttle is at 0% (closed).

Altering this map should allow you to define exactly how much, and when the anti-engine braking is applied.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@canuck, thank you for the input, but the Brutale doesn't use the EBS valve.

I have just now seen what stupidity I wrote in previous post. I already took out the fuel. I should now add it back and see. Will report...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tryed adding and removing fuel at zero throttle, I went incrementally by 3, 5 and 8 percent in btoh ways. Nothing actually helps, the RPMs ''hang'' even more.

Any idea?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sounds like the basic set up isn't correct as mentioned check the TPS setting, mine has far too much engine braking, you can make some minor tweaks using the injection transient function (adding or removing fuel) or playing around with the closed throttle advance values but the bottom line is it sounds like yours is 'running on' so the set up isn't correct.

·
Registered
90 Posts
@canuck, thank you for the input, but the Brutale doesn't use the EBS valve.

I have just now seen what stupidity I wrote in previous post. I already took out the fuel. I should now add it back and see. Will report...
Sorry about that. I did a quick google on the 2012 Brutale before posting, and it did say that some models were now equiped with EBS valves.

TPS calibration may be your solution, as mentioned by others.

Good luck, and keep us all posted on your progress. I am in the middle of getting my Microtec installed on my F4-1000S, so I am sure I will be looking for collective advice soon enough...

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
There are a number of things happenng on closed throttle and engine braking can effect the stbility of the chassis as well as how the bike feels coming back on the throttle from closed.

I'm sorting a few test maps out now for Miha :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts