1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
21,071 Posts
With proper maintenance any modern sport bike will happily do over 100K miles trouble free....the chassis is the most overlooked maintenance area, people tend to watch over oil changes, etc.

Based on the service records and my personal inspection, I would not hesitate to buy a clean bike at 40K miles! Not to mention Kms....

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
With proper maintenance any modern sport bike will happily do over 100K miles trouble free....the chassis is the most overlooked maintenance area, people tend to watch over oil changes, etc.

Based on the service records and my personal inspection, I would not hesitate to buy a clean bike at 40K miles! Not to mention Kms....
I would want to see it but if it is just dirty then it would seem to be a good buy

·
Registered
445 Posts
That is a cool bike with a good price for sure.

·
Registered
842 Posts
42000km's is only 25k miles. Nicely bedded in ......

·
Registered
926 Posts
you missed out there, very good price and could be collectable in a few years. Would be worth more than the asking price in parts over here.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A combination of things including travelling 500 miles to see what I'd bought (after having been bitten once before with a misleading seller, travelling the 500 miles only to come home empty handed as it was a junker) convinced me to bail. Regretting it now but that's how it goes....ya snooze, ya lose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts