MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends:

I´m going to try taking appart my F4R rims. :jsm:

I have a doubt. To unscrew the nuts, must I push to the left or to the righ hand (clockwise direction)????????.

In the rear wheel, I think it is clear because the torque is showed in the rim and the direction.

But, the front wheel nut no. :f4:

Could you help me??

Thanks mates.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Front wheel nuts, i.e. the fork leg bottom bolts are conventional right hand thread. You are right, the rear wheel nut (single large nut) is a left hand thread.Torque setting is 220 - 240 N/m. Use a proper fitting socket on the rear wheel nut and make sure you torque both front and rear correctly when re-fitting. n.b. it's easy to overtighten the fork leg bolts so be careful! Torque setting for front bolts is 20 - 22 N/m :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
we offer a new tool which will fit rear and front (R Models + Tamburini)
it is a 2 in 1 tool fits on any 1/2" ratchet, perfect Quality and Finish guarantied.
rgds
diego

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
john said:
Front wheel nuts, i.e. the fork leg bottom bolts are conventional right hand thread. You are right, the rear wheel nut (single large nut) is a left hand thread.Torque setting is 220 - 240 N/m. Use a proper fitting socket on the rear wheel nut and make sure you torque both front and rear correctly when re-fitting. n.b. it's easy to overtighten the fork leg bolts so be careful! Torque setting for front bolts is 20 - 22 N/m :)
And the front wheel axel???. I am talking about the R. Right hand or left hand thread?.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sorry Ignacio, I forgot the R set up was different to the S, :cross: please ignore what I've said about the front wheel torques, those figures are for the S. As I don't have an R, perhaps one of the R or Senna 1000 owners can help you out with that info. :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
john said:
Sorry Ignacio, I forgot the R set up was different to the S, :cross: please ignore what I've said about the front wheel torques, those figures are for the S. As I don't have an R, perhaps one of the R or Senna 1000 owners can help you out with that info. :)
Anyway, thanks john.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How much is this tool?

diego said:
we offer a new tool which will fit rear and front (R Models + Tamburini)
it is a 2 in 1 tool fits on any 1/2" ratchet, perfect Quality and Finish guarantied.
rgds
diego

:f4: Diego how much would this tool cost me? I live in the Uk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts