MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

My Rear supports has become too narrow after 2 and a half years. Are there any of you who have the same experience, and are there someone who have found a solution to the problem.

I have tried with oil, but it is still tight.

Sorry about my imprecise English.
It is the red thing under the bike I'm talking about

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You will have to remove some material and make it a little smaller. It all depends on what tools you have at your disposal. A lathe is best.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes I agree, I can force the rear stand into the hub, but its very very hard work to remove, I am guessing course sandpaper on the black plastic insert?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes I agree, I can force the rear stand into the hub, but its very very hard work to remove, I am guessing course sandpaper on the black plastic insert?
I had this problem just the other week, so out came the sand paper, after 15 mins of sanding no difference what so ever, trust me that plastic is hard.

Next out came the dremmel....that sorted it, smooth as silk now!

All the best

Dave

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I had the same issue, small handheld electric sander did the trick nicely. Once i had sanded it, i also coated it with grease as well... makes it slip in and out with ease :jerkoff:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
On mine I think it is the clip that catches on the plastic - without the clip the stand comes out easliy!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I had the same issue, small handheld electric sander did the trick nicely. Once i had sanded it, i also coated it with grease as well... makes it slip in and out with ease :jerkoff:
I did exactly the same thing a few months ago with my 910R stand and a few years ago with the old 750S stand. Works a treat with no need for greasing.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have used the same stand for each of my Brutes and never had a problem - Sprayed it regularly from day one with ACF50 so maybe the type of oil has an effect...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the feedback.

Thanks for the good and quick response. I have to go out and buy sandpaper.

·
Registered
417 Posts
let me know how you get on...I still have my rear stand from my F4, which was fine on the F4, but both are tight on the B4, is there a reason why, or has the plastic just expanded on both...I agree using oil, but only once the problem arose

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've had the same issue with my factory rear stand.
I bought a Pitbull stand and do not use the factory one anymore.

By the way, those are HUGE license plates!

Mike

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's how it went.

I started to grind for 5 minutes with sandpaper. This did not give any results. Still too tight.

So I used the Dremel for 10 minutes. It gave a very good result.

Now she is up again

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have paid almost $ 18 000 :jsm: in fees to the Norwegian State for the plates.

So It only makes sense that the lecense plates are so big.

I've had the same issue with my factory rear stand.
I bought a Pitbull stand and do not use the factory one anymore.

By the way, those are HUGE license plates!

Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Does anyone else use the Abba stand, they lift the bike by the swing arm pivots and in my opinion hold the bike far more securely and stable, plus they have the added bonus of not needing a hand to get the bike on the lift in the first place

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
O-Mac, haven't seen an ABBA stand....can you post a couple of pics?

cheers

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now I have to experiment with the Dremel again.

It is approx. 7 months ago I cut down the rear Suport, now it's tight again.
Is there life in plastic from italy?:jsm:
This just continues to grow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts