MV Agusta Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
If you have the money buy the second bike and enjoy both of them, then you will decide if you want keep one or the other or both. I owned a 2005 F4 and a 2010 1198s, for me, I really enjoy riding the Duc must of the time specially on the track.

· Registered
762 Posts
Sig- 1098 tempermental? My is so cranky I think it's going through "red week" every other time I ride it.
Definitely "red" is every week with the Ducati. Before I ever owned a Ducati, I was told that it's not a bike that you just "start and go," like most other motorcycles. They say it's a bike that you need to "bring to life." .... Whatever. I thought that it was just some foolish paradox made up by some overly dramatic Ducati owners. Well, now I know exactly what they mean, coz every other time I'm ready to ride it, I wonder to myself "what the heck are you gonna give me now?" It's a beautiful thing though... when its working right!!! :D

· Registered
1,175 Posts
Definitely "red" is every week with the Ducati. Before I ever owned a Ducati, I was told that it's not a bike that you just "start and go," like most other motorcycles.
Is this something specific to the 1098?

My S4R has been brilliant for the past 20,000kms but that's the old testicle 998cc engine. Did i get lucky? I don't really know much about Ducati's because i hang around you lot to much rather than the Duc folk.

· Registered
103 Posts
I own F4 1078 RR and a Bimota DB6. The best of the two worlds. (italians, of course...!!!).

Both are absolutely different in aesthetic, behaviour and type of usage. Each one have their own ADN....but my friend, what a machines!!!!!

I normally use the Bimota to go to city adn work, and the F4 weekends "races":mouthwate and track days... :yo::yo::yo:

judge yourself, my suggestion: buy with your hearth....

· Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I own F4 1078 RR and a Bimota DB6. The best of the two worlds. (italians, of course...!!!).

Both are absolutely different in aesthetic, behaviour and type of usage. Each one have their own ADN....but my friend, what a machines!!!!!

I normally use the Bimota to go to city adn work, and the F4 weekends "races":mouthwate and track days... :yo::yo::yo:

judge yourself, my suggestion: buy with your hearth....
Again great advice - I think people try to make these decisions with the head and logically, which is ALL WRONG!

These are decisions of the HEART (and of course the bank manager :laughing:)

· Registered
4,472 Posts
I have to fall into the camp of just having one bike because the favorite bike gets used and the others collect dust. I just change bikes every 1 1/2 to 2 years to simulate having more than one bike but not having to play favorites.

· Registered
29 Posts
I have three bikes. It is a challenge sometimes to get them all ridden, but for me they are each so different that I find time for them. My other bikes include a cafe racer and sport tourer, and they are both vintage. It is sometimes hard not to just exclusively ride the MV, but I kind of fancy myself as having a burgeoning "collection" and I don't think I can bring myself to sell either of my other bikes. On the contrary, I have dreams of owning a vintage ducati or MV. If I had two bikes occupying similar spaces in my collection it would be easier to part with one, but I haven't gotten there yet. i just have a bad case of multi-bike syndrome, and there is only one cure, more bikes!

· Registered
1,298 Posts
I have in the past owned 3 bikes, F4 750, 750 Brutale and and for the real world the 1000 Fazer (FZ1S) and loved having them all, My wife still has three bikes, Hondas CBR 400 RR (NC 29) and RVF 400 (NC 35) and the Kawasaki ER6F

In this life now I only have a newish FZ1S as when I traded my F4 and Brutale for the 910R I made the biggest mistake of my life..... did not like the R at all, fueling map drawn by a 2 year old and solid suspension that on manx roads was a nightmare...

However the "negotiations" are ongoing to reintroduce an F4 to our garage, By the way my wife still has all her bikes!!
One of them looks like this

More than one bike? The way forward my friends !!!:naughty:

· Registered
17,193 Posts
..... By the way my wife still has all her bikes!! /quote]

.....plus all of your bikes my friend....:shitfan: :)

· Registered
1,298 Posts
.....plus all of your bikes my friend....:shitfan: :)
Ah but no..... she is just over 5' tall so cannot reach the ground on my bike.... Loved the 910 R on the back over the mountain, speed limit free mountain ...... Did I mention that? :stickpoke

· Super Moderator
25,962 Posts

· Registered
1,298 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
I have 8 street and 2 atvs and love them all. get only as many as you can afford to keep and you will be very happy. Different bikes for different occasions works best. Its why I have pit bikes, race bikes, sport bikes and a sport tourer in my garage. (the concours14 gets used alot when the weather turns cold) Its also good for longer, multi day rides.

· Registered
21 Posts
bikes?

1.You must have a Harley-Davidson.
2. You must have a dirtbike.
3.You must have an atv.
4 you must have a snowmobile.
5 You must have a jet ski.
6 YOU MUST HAVE A MV AGUSTA JUST CUZ NO ONE ELSE HAS ONE!

2007 yamaha YZ 450f
1995 Honda CR250R
2005 Yamaha Kodiak 4x4
1976 Kawasaki KH 500 Triple
1976 Aermacchi z 90
1 MV On the way!
2 kawasaki standup jet skis 1 440 and 1 750sx
2 arctic cat snowmobiles 1 zr 500 1 powder special 700
1 2004 Harley Davidson FLHT Custom 103" azz kicker
1 2004 Road King custom 103" azz kicker

no matter where you go in the world people will always stop and look at the Harley-Davidson... But again i love all things cool.

· Registered
17,193 Posts
Please tell me why I'd want to own a snow mobile.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts