MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2007 312r and i love it. I have the option at the moment of buying a second bike to keep her company.

Its a 1998 Aprilia RSV, great condition, probably test riding at weekend. Good price and have the money etc.

So my question is.......

Is having 2 bikes as good as it sounds or do you find yourself using 1 more than the other and feeling bad that the other is not being used as much? I like the idea of having a twin as well as my f4 as i have had several ducatis in the past and enjoy twins as much just worried that it may be a bit extravagant having 2.

Your thoughts and comments welcome!

Cheers, Al.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I have a few also and yes you can enjoy each bike. I ride with different people with different bikes. So it makes it easy for me. Not as much fun riding the MV when your with Harleys. So the Victory makes that easy plus all the Harley guys wish they had bought the Victory after seeing it on the road.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
For me two is perfect. One's a Duc 1098 and the other is a shitbox I built. For Sunday afternoon putt putt I ride the shitbox as it's way more comfortable. The Duc I ride when I need a shot of adrenaline and need to remind myself what an old lousy rider I am. I also enjoy fiddling with both. Keeps me busy.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
i have three at the moment
and all i can think about is when is the next one comming.
then again my obsession with bikes is beyond normal

heck there are people on here who have ten plus
randy!!!!!!

·
The Dude
5,040 Posts
mine have all tended to be various styles, not all sportbikes, for example.... so that helps work my way around them, different bikes for different types of rides.

suspect you'll have a favorite at some point.... but that would be a cool bike to have, so if it's a good deal, give it a go!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Is having 2 bikes as good as it sounds?
Yes, it is! But be careful! It's addictive. I've got 8 bikes in the garage, and I'm contemplating more. Different bikes for different rides.

Btw, Lee is being modest when he describes his other bike as a, "shitbox." I've been in Lee's garage, there's no, "shitbox," to be seen. When I was there he had 3 bikes, the nicest TC you've ever seen, a super-cool chopper, and a mind-boggling cool Harley engine, Ducati frame, British looking thing, (I might have that wrong, but it was something like that). All of them were in perfect shape, clean, mechanically sound, beautiful, and just down-right cool. No, "shit," anywhwere in Lee's garage. "Shit," would feel very out-of-place in Lee's garage.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Being able to have two bikes is a great thing. Especially if they are the two bikes that you dream of having. If you have the means, got for it! You'll never regret it. I love both of my bikes and ride them almost equally. I have to admit, I do have a lil more fun when riding my MV.

·
Super Moderator
25,951 Posts
Hmmm, let's see, seven days in a week, seven bikes in the garage...coincidence? I think not.

(1) 312R:f4:, (2) Monster S4Rs, (3) 748s, (4) HD CVO Ultra Classic, (5) '63 Honda C100A, (6) Monster 695 (Mrs.SS's), (7)...:jsm:wait....there is no (7):wtf:...:idea:...:brutale::birthday:(Mrs.SS's):drummer::naughty:

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Yes, one is good, more than one is better. I think an IL4 and a V twin is a good mix. I suppose I would think that cos that's what I have, but the two types are great in their own right, especially when they are from Italian manufacturers. Good luck with the test ride. I like the Aprillia but found they suit taller riders better.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
It's 'horses for courses' isn't it and if you have the money and the room then definitely do it!. I've 3...a CBR 900 Fireblade, Suzuki GSX 750 (twin shock retro style) and MV Brutale 1078rr. I traded my Yamaha Fazer 1000 to get the MV.....but if I'd had enough room I'd have kept it too as it was a great bike. It's great to have completely different 'styles' of bike to use depending on your mood. I'd really like to get an old 60's British classic BSA or Norton to add to my collection....imagine jumping from a Brutale 1078 or fireblade to an old BSA. Some days you want an adrenaline rush, others just an easy chill out cruise round a coast road in the sun. As I say 'horses for courses'.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts