MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

Registered
Yeah its not a bad quote at all. But I still need rotors and tires so paint may have to wait. Rotors are expensive! Last rotors I bought were for my old sv650 race bike and they were 400 bucks... MV is just a bit more 馃槅
If you wanna go swimming, you gotta get wet!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Maybe I will just go waist deep 馃槅

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So I finally got the tires mounted to the wheels. This will be my wet set up at the track. The wheels seem to have a chauk film kn them. I tried washing them but that did not work. Anyone know if there are ment to be a flat black or gloss?

Super Moderator
All the black (new star) wheels I've seen were gloss - I mean that's not to say there wasn't a matt version though

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I wonder if these are just oxidized maybe they were sitting outside for a long time before I got them?

Super Moderator
Well that's possible - but I would have expected to see the Rotors oxidized as well ?

Premium Member
Black on rotors seem the same. +1 caused by weather.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Black on rotors seem the same. +1 caused by weather.
Rotors are from a different bike. So what can I do to restore the luster to the wheels?

Premium Member
Try a polishing compound to remove oxidation then a good coating a quality wax

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ok.. Looks like i know my weekend project before I go to the track.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well... I mounted the second set of wheels to the bike. The black looks good! Looks like Monday's track day maybe wet.The spacers dont fit into the groves well.

Attachments

Premium Member
You know we need to see those wheels, right?

The spacers look like they are binding on the inside curve of the Brembo mounting surface. The bolts turned correctly?
I would take a Dremel or a file and kiss off the binding edge of the spacers until they sit firmly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
You know we need to see those wheels, right?

The spacers look like they are binding on the inside curve of the Brembo mounting surface. The bolts turned correctly?
I would take a Dremel or a file and kiss off the binding edge of the spacers until they sit firmly.
Yeah it's odd that the spacers dont sit in the caliper or the fork leg. The kit is for this bike too. I may have to file that down after I come back from my day. I will get better pics up once I am at the track.

Premium Member
Be sure all seats well before tracking and road test/inspect before high speed. Bring spares to the track.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Be sure all seats well before tracking and road test/inspect before high speed. Bring spares to the track.
I just road test it. Seems to be ok for stopping. The distance is between the back of caliper and the rotor seems fine too. I don't think I will have time to cut the spacers before my track day

Premium Member
Yikes, make the time. Be safe!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yikes, make the time. Be safe!
Do you think that the binding edge would make a difference if I left it? I'm just asking like what would be the issue

Registered
Do you think that the binding edge would make a difference if I left it? I'm just asking like what would be the issue
Can't believe you're asking that question. YES. It's your effin brakes. They have to fit up and work perfectly. Engineers designed this stuff to fit up and install in a certain way. Yours don't.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Can't believe you're asking that question. YES. It's your effin brakes. They have to fit up and work perfectly. Engineers designed this stuff to fit up and install in a certain way. Yours don't.
But my question remains.. What will leaving that little ridge on the spacer do IF I left it.

Premium Member
Vibration / oscillation is the danger. You simply can not run them that way. You risk yourself and other riders and family.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts