MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally acquired a second set of wheels for my track only B4. My oem wheels are the sliver with the multi spoke. The new ones I just bought are the star type. I can't decide if I want to leave them black and make them just my rain wheels or paint them and use them as my main dry set up. I am looking for opinions and ideas. My teammate suggested paint them gold and use them for my dry set up.

·
Super Moderator
23,725 Posts
You will need some spacers to make that front fit your 2013 1090....it’s not a direct fitment.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 2011 1090 wheel set, that wont fit?

·
Super Moderator
23,725 Posts
Ah, perhaps it will. I didn’t look closely enough to see it as Second Gen. My visual mistake.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gave me a small panic attack 😆 thought I bought the wrong wheels

·
Super Moderator
23,725 Posts
Sorry!

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
I’d say run a set of tires and then see if you want to paint them.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I guess it all depends on expendable income. If money is not a problem, then bling the wheels up and use for dry. If money is more tight, then leave as is and put a set of wets on them.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess it all depends on expendable income. If money is not a problem, then bling the wheels up and use for dry. If money is more tight, then leave as is and put a set of wets on them.
I need to get a quote on a powdercoat job. I still need rotors so that may lead me to just keep them black and run rains. But there is something so "MV" about the star wheels if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yep -- Stars are the "correct" wheels for F4, at least for the 1st Gen's -- I'm not going for lighter wheels until I can get my hands on a set of Mag-Stars -- Just like my CF parts are painted to look like the originals, I'll get the wheels painted silver-- If I ever find a pair that I can afford.. :geek:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did see the star wheel on the 2011 model's when I did a google search. Maybe it was a certain batch that got them.

·
Wing Nut
21,718 Posts
I think I would weigh them and choose the lighter set for dry set-up.

Reactions: XPARAUK

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah thats a good idea. I think my money is on my silver multi spoke set.

Reactions: Edward

·
Registered
241 Posts
Powder coating is always heavier than paint, if a bit more durable. My second comment is just an opinion, but I think that bike needs a bit more of contrasting color such as red or gold wheels. Leaning towards red as that would pick up the red on the engine.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Never considered red. I need to wake the bike up a bit. Maybe add some color to the fairing.
Gold would look cool too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Never considered red. I need to wake the bike up a bit. Maybe add some color to the fairing.
Gold would look cool too.
I really like the gold also. Tough decision!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got a quote today for $125 per wheel for one color

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got a quote today for $125 per wheel for one color
I don't that quote is a bad one. Everybody's $100/hr these days, so two hours to prep the wheels and then cost of paint (assume paint and clear), materials (reducers, cleaners, prep materials etc), and a little for overhead? $250? Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't that quote is a bad one. Everybody's $100/hr these days, so two hours to prep the wheels and then cost of paint (assume paint and clear), materials (reducers, cleaners, prep materials etc), and a little for overhead? $250? Sounds good to me.
Yeah its not a bad quote at all. But I still need rotors and tires so paint may have to wait. Rotors are expensive! Last rotors I bought were for my old sv650 race bike and they were 400 bucks... MV is just a bit more 😆

·
Super Moderator
23,725 Posts
Unless you find a nice used set from a member of mvagusta.net

Reactions: esq'z me
1 - 20 of 62 Posts