MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined here after picking up an 02 F4. The bike is amazing. The only problem was that I originally bought the thing to put in my house as art. I'm now at a crossroads since I'm now thinking I may keep it to ride.

Anyone else had this dilemma? :ahhh: Looking for input.

Bronson
05 Tuono Factory
00 748 (wrecked)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
bronson2000 said:
Just joined here after picking up an 02 F4. The bike is amazing. The only problem was that I originally bought the thing to put in my house as art. I'm now at a crossroads since I'm now thinking I may keep it to ride.

Anyone else had this dilemma? :ahhh: Looking for input.

Bronson
05 Tuono Factory
00 748 (wrecked)
Let me put it this way. If you had bought it new in 2002 and kepted it as an art piece, you'd only get about $10 to $12K if you sold it now. That's a $10K loss (based on OTD price) for an art piece. If you want an art piece, get something that may appreciate in value. You've got it, use it because it's depreciated.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
ride the friggin' thing!
you think it looks good? wait till you ride it.

and that'll be the last time you think about saving an MV as a museum piece!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Mate, I say ride it like you stole it!!!!

You only live once and you can't take it with you when you die!!!!

You want art, go to the museum on the MV!!!

When you get too old to put your leg over the bike, then put the bike in the lounge room. Panels, tyres, rims, and all the other parts can all be repaired and replaced. The feeling of hanging off the bike trying to get rid of the chicken strips or the first time you hear the knee sliders scrape on the road cannot be purchased when your too old.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Use it for both.

It's not like it's going to fly into a million pieces or something if you ride it. Insure it.

Then put it back in your living room for art. I did this for 2 years. Kind of had to get over the mild fuel smell once in a while, but so what?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
bronson2000 said:
The only problem was that I originally bought the thing to put in my house as art.
you should be banned for even saying that.... :laughing:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
definitely wasn't buying for investment. it just looks so bad arse and as a single dude, makes the statement to girls 'he ain't settling down any time soon, he has a f***ing motorcycle in his house!'

well maybe I'll ride it a little...

B

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
bronson2000 said:
definitely wasn't buying for investment. it just looks so bad arse and as a single dude, makes the statement to girls 'he ain't settling down any time soon, he has a f***ing motorcycle in his house!'

well maybe I'll ride it a little...

B
Most girls couldn't tell a difference between a MV and a GSXR except for one's blue and white and the other's red and silver.

A motorcycle in the living room isn't much of a statement. We've all done that at one point or other. However, a more interesting conversation piece would be to have an motorcycle in your living room with tires like this:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Bronson, that thought never crossed my mind because I don't have finances like that. If you do, then buy another one for the living room, game room, bedroom etc. Once you ride it you will have your answer. Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy whatever you decide.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yo Bronson,

There are real collectors that keep many cycles. There is a vintage guy whom I have met that has a classic cycle in each room of his home, including MV's.

However, since you feel the need to ask this forum such a question, my response is: is he serious or is he a :jerkoff:

Come on guy, get real...use that MV, enjoy it; just don't kill yourself on it!

You have a great cycle that begs to be ridden and in fact, should be whipped around a track! RIDE IT RIDE IT RIDE IT.

A motivation to impress the fems suggests that you're a :loser: . WE KNOW THAT IS NOT TRUE because you own an MV. Keep it inside when not in use, a win win scenerio.

Ride it and be safe! All the best, Peter

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Allright, the Tamburini's weigh in...Ride it. Take a high quality digital photograph of it at sunrise, blow it up, frame it, voila, living room art. Take a gas can, fill er up, voila, motorcycle art. There is a HUGE difference. :moped:

enjoy it either way,

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm not sure keeping it in the living room shows a true appreciation for the bike even as an art piece. It's a great compliment to the aesthetics, but insulting to the engineering.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Most girls couldn't tell a difference between a MV and a GSXR except for one's blue and white and the other's red and silver.

A motorcycle in the living room isn't much of a statement. We've all done that at one point or other. However, a more interesting conversation piece would be to have an motorcycle in your living room with tires like this:
Actually since I purchased my MV I've gotten more comments from women regarding the aesthetics then any other bike I owned. Personally I'd make sure my girl knew the difference between a Honda and a Ferrari.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sleep in you're garage!! this way, you'll have a wonderful piece of art (is art only a way to invest money? and insure more incomes...) in your bedroom and you'll still be able to ride it!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
machine748s said:
Sleep in you're garage!! this way, you'll have a wonderful piece of art (is art only a way to invest money? and insure more incomes...) in your bedroom and you'll still be able to ride it!!
dude, your bike looks badass, the red SPR scheme is VERY NICE!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts