MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, Mv plans on building a bike to compete against the Diavel. This is getting ridiculous I hate where this is going. they are taking all the fun out of owning an MV!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Fuse two 675s front to back, voila, V6 - 1350cc.

·
Registered
819 Posts
They have an R&D team?
That's what i was thinking. With as many problems as these bikes have surely that is just a very non-descript title over there. R&D, when would there be time for stuff like that between the breaks for cappuccino, biscotti, smoke, 2-3 hour lunches, 35 hour work week, and the month long vacation time???

Yes, i know 'every' Italian doesn't take a 2-3 hour lunch break, and not everyone works only 35hrs a week.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
the only real competitors for the diavel are alimony payments and your kid's boarding school tuition.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Why 675?

Fuse two 675s front to back, voila, V6 - 1350cc.
Hey your onto something now, I'm thinking two 800's front to back,
V6 1600cc then plumb a supercharger in there.:mouthwate

jimboF4

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Apparently, Mv plans on building a bike to compete against the Diavel. This is getting ridiculous I hate where this is going. they are taking all the fun out of owning an MV!
Are you talking about the Rivale, or a different bike?

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
V-Rod, Diavel, Anything like them. = Redheaded Stepchild.
Agreed. But what I'm trying to understand is whether the OP is referring to the Rivale or not. The Rivale is a Super/Maxi/Mega Motard, similar to the Ducati Hypermotard or Aprila Dorsoduro. It's not a Diavel-like bike.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I think they should find a good money maker, 350 revival or something to be a cash cow so that they can put more into refining and refreshing their flagships. Not designing a niche market monster.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think and hope the MV Agusta Diavel Competitor is as good a monster as the Ducati Diavel. My dad is on the verge of buying a Diavel carbon for his stable. However is watching to see if the rumor of the MV version is in the same class and as appealing and powerful. It also has to large enough for a larger man to fit, feel comfortable and look good on as the Diavel does easily.
I don't think that the new Diavel type bike will spoil the brand. It's not like MV are a rare exclusive exotic anymore, they decided to move out of that category when they uped there production and made cheaper models.
Also it's not like The current MV brand has a race winning pedigree because it hasn't. MV are still living of the laurels of there past history of the 37 world championships.
So can't see any reason why this new type of bike won't fit into MVs chosen direction. So if MV produce the same category bike as the Ducati, then it will take away sales from the Diavel. In our house hold anyway. Brando

1 - 20 of 22 Posts