MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great story.

Bought my bike on January 18th 2014. Went to get a title with the MSO in February. BMV will not issue a title stating the the VIN on the bike already has a title issued somewhere. Contact dealership to discuss issue. Dealership gets with MV USA. MV USA states that no title can be issued to this bike. Now I have to drive 2 hrs back to the dealership to exchange the bike for another on the showroom floor. The kicker is the dealership doesn't have another white 675. Should I tell them I want a white 675? The white is what made me buy the bike.

·
Administrator
19,521 Posts
Why can't it get a title if it has an MSO ??? You should call MV yourself.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The dealership should come out and pick the bike up. I wouldn't want to be responsible for anything happening to it if I was transporting it back. Plus, I would say it is now their problem (assuming you can get your money back!).

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Great story.

Bought my bike on January 18th 2014. Went to get a title with the MSO in February. BMV will not issue a title stating the the VIN on the bike already has a title issued somewhere. Contact dealership to discuss issue. Dealership gets with MV USA. MV USA states that no title can be issued to this bike. Now I have to drive 2 hrs back to the dealership to exchange the bike for another on the showroom floor. The kicker is the dealership doesn't have another white 675. Should I tell them I want a white 675? The white is what made me buy the bike.
I’m confused. If you’re buying a new motorcycle from a reputable dealer then they should be supplying you with the ownership. Even if you’re out of state they should give you all the documents you would need to give to your states DMV. This business about the VIN already being registered sounds like somebody got a stolen bike registered with a known number.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Wonder if they'll follow it up? I doubt they'll want an a bike they can't register or sell. Be good to slap down some bike thief.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sounds shady to me. Yes I agree with Gitano....have the dealer come get it. Oh...and also have them get you a white one if thats your desired color. After all thats what you paid for. Between Mv and the dealer they collectively should make you smile for the trouble your dealing with.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a very reputable KTM, Ducati, MV Agusta, and Suzuki dealer. The dealer is the one that is working with MV. The dealership gave me all the proper paperwork for the BMV but the BMV ran the VIN on the MSO and it came back already titled somewhere else. I am trying to be as nice as I can to the dealership since they did give me a deal on the bike. When I bought the bike I was told it originally had been sold(another dealership) but the owner had an electrical issue after riding it home and returned it. The bike was returned to Italy to be fixed. After fixing, it was sent to the dealership I purchased it from. I purchased the bike with 60 miles. Dealer believes the original owner filed for a title and didn't give the MSO to MV before it was ship back for repair. I believe MV screwed up by reissueing another MSO without getting the original back from the first owner.

I was told I would get all my money back or could exchange it for a bike on the showroom floor. I do want a white one. I am going to call them tomorrow to see if the can get a white bike from another dealer or MV.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
The original MSO must be somewhere....

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
nk140;
the bike wasn't sent back to Italy for repair......trust me

monkeyshines between the 2 dealers

1st dealer registered it......took it back, sold it to second dealer

you bought it as a used bike, sounds like they sold it to you as a new one, thus the previously registered problem....

sounds like the dealer isn't as competent/ethical as you think

dealer's problem, stand your ground, keep the bike in your possession, demand money back....it was your dealer's fuckup

you bought a used bike, they tried to register it as new......DMV caught it, slam dunk lawsuit

as much as I hate lawyers this is the time

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
True. Find the original MSO, find the problem.

·
Administrator
19,521 Posts
The original MSO went to the state where the title was issued. It is gone.

Noel is right. The bike is used. It never went "back to Italy". That isn't cost affective. A MV engineer may have come to the US to fix it.....maybe.

A duplicate MSO was requested by either dealer 1 or dealer 2......this is normally done when a MSO is lost.

I don't think MV is involved in this at all. Dealer 1 sold dealer 2 a used previously registered bike with a duplicate MSO. Dealer 2 may be honest as the day is long, but dealer 1 isn't, and MV is not even aware of what is going on.....yet.

Call MV USA.....you can find the phone number. If you want the bike then dealer 2 needs to get the original TITLE for the used bike they sold you and rewrite the sales papers to reflect it is a used bike.....and give you some more money back for the aggravation and their mis-representation...

A title search in the state where it was originally titled and registered will reveal the paper trail leading back to dealer 1.

CALL MV.....seriously. Have your story straight and be pleasant. Dealer 1 has a big problem here.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The original MSO went to the state where the title was issued. It is gone.

Noel is right. The bike is used. It never went "back to Italy". That isn't cost affective. A MV engineer may have come to the US to fix it.....maybe.

A duplicate MSO was requested by either dealer 1 or dealer 2......this is normally done when a MSO is lost.

I don't think MV is involved in this at all. Dealer 1 sold dealer 2 a used previously registered bike with a duplicate MSO. Dealer 2 may be honest as the day is long, but dealer 1 isn't, and MV is not even aware of what is going on.....yet.

Call MV USA.....you can find the phone number. If you want the bike then dealer 2 needs to get the original TITLE for the used bike they sold you and rewrite the sales papers to reflect it is a used bike.....and give you some more money back for the aggravation and their mis-representation...

A title search in the state where it was originally titled and registered will reveal the paper trail leading back to dealer 1.

CALL MV.....seriously. Have your story straight and be pleasant. Dealer 1 has a big problem here.
I believe my dealer is being honest from what they were told. I have done a ton of track days with this group over the years. Great people and trust them. I do believe the original dealer is the one at fault. I am going to try and see if I can find MV USA's phone number. I will try and keep everyone informed on what I find.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
There is a simple way to determine if you have a new or used bike. Ask your dealer to show you on their service computer the "In Service Date" of your VIN # as listed on MV's site. Not what they say or what's on paperwork they created. That date should correspond with your purchase date or a few days after. If it's listed as being anytime before you purchased the bike then it's used.
Trust me, the wife's been in the business over 35 years.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK so here is the deal. They are going to give me a bike off the showroom floor and change out the bodywork so it will be white. I just have to sit around for a few hours. Hopefully they will have the black bike already stripped before I get there. I also have the option of taking the red/silver one or the black/silver one. I am leaning towards them swapping out the bodywork because the white is sexy. MV does not have any 2013 white bikes in the US warehouse.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
On the one hand it's good that they're taking care of you. However, on the other hand it makes you wonder why they can't seemingly correct this issue? Things that make ya go :wtf:

I'm sure everyone will tell you the same thing, If white is what you bought because white was what wanted then get them to switch the body work.

HOWEVER!!! I'm not sure how they do things down your way but up here the LEO's get rather testy if the colour on the ownership doesn't match the colour on the bike. So I'd advise you to make sure the dealer clearly shows the colour as white on all the paperwork so your ownership will reflect the actual body colour.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Not only what Stephen said, but there may be issues down the line with warranty when the bike presented doesn't match the VIN configuration.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What digit in the VIN represents the color? I may just go with the black bike if the color code is in the frame.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I am not convinced that the VIN has a letter designated to vehicle colour.

I may be wrong but I had to decipher the VIN for a bike I imported to New Zealand from the USA and none of the letters, or numbers for that matter, were designated to describe the colour.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts