·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen one for sale?

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you can't find one, you might want to try TPO Parts and see if they will manufacture one for you. They specialize in MV.

Reactions: MV Arthur

·
Registered
14,533 Posts
?

The Ti nut will weigh more than the aluminum version

>:)

This is when you use Ti......early '70s GP MX 125 brake cam.....
Bike cost $125,000/$250,000 everything was Ti or Mg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. TPO parts didn't respond.

·
Super Moderator
22,495 Posts
Art, not that I can check today, but I can't imagine the stem nut being much different from the Ducati nut. I can send you a Duc Nut to check thread engagement....

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be very nice of you, Chuck. I'm in no rush and I actually have one on my 916 but don't have access to her AND my tools til midsummer. They are the same exact nut across many Ducati models.

·
Super Moderator
22,495 Posts
I've got one sitting on my workbench. PM me your mailing info.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Received: thanks Chuck. Measures the same across the top. I'll see if it fits in the coming week.

·
Super Moderator
22,495 Posts
Excellent news Art. Quite interested. If it does fit, then the TPO Ducati nut is the thing to do.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, everything looks to match up at a glance. Thread pitch is the only thing I'm unable to visually ascertain. Your Ducati nut uses a different socket tool (which I don't have), so I'll have to get creative and lube it well.

·
Super Moderator
22,495 Posts
Cripe, I should have sent you my tool as well. I have them both sitting side-by-side. Just use a pin spanner and care....or I can send you the tool.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Much appreciated but don't even think I'll need a spanner tool for this. No need to tighten completely, just a few spins halfway down should suffice.

If the nut fits I'll order the tool and nut together from tpoparts.

Will report back. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ducati nut is ~2mm taller and leaves head slack when tightened all the way. The thread runs out. Incompatible.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,495 Posts
Bummer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts