MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been searching but can't find the rotor bolts in titanium as used with the radial marzochhis. Maybe someone knows where to get them?

Also did you noticed that the oem bolts are 3 mm too long? they should have been 17mm instead of 20mm, that's 10x3mm=30mm steel added to the unsprung weight!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tastynuts:naughty:

but they don't have them, mv went to m6 bolts with the forged brembo, however I think the Honda bolts should fit perfectly

I'll try it tomorrow

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got my Ti-Rotor Bolts from Martin @ Motowheels.com. Allbeit the were for the BST Carbon Wheels, but the stock bolts were supposed to fit, so i assume they were the same.

I think roughly $10 a piece.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
tastynuts has them, the whole set will cost arround 140usd i think, pretty expensive if u ask me, but hey, anything to cut down on the unsprung weight.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
thanks for the clarification

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have Pro-bolts(Tasty-nuts) titanium front rotor bolts. I used the Ducati race bolts. Don't get the allen style ones though. I had them and from new they started to strip out. Get the hex head bolts its easier to torque without worries.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
No one had them in stock. So I called Braking direct and they had them. Normally they only sell to their distributors. But I got lucky and they sold them directly to me. I don't remember what I spent on them. I know it was close to $500.00 for pair with shipping.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the info but it all refers to M8 bolts, I have M6 on my 1000R

I have been emailing with Dawn from tastynuts, he was helpful with his quick replies but he didn't know that mv uses M6 bolts now ergo they don't have them, the Honda diskbolts will fit. But if you calculate the torgue needed to secure the disk to the wheel with just 5 M6 bolts you simply cannot use titanium. It's on the edge with steel bolts as it is now

too bad...

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
have you tried motowheels.com ? they have pogipolini Ti bolts of all sizes and they have different head types too..... check them out.... go to Ti fasteners, specialty fastenrs, kits and then a load of options will show up..... good luck :conveyer:

direct link here : http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=409%7CIndividual%20Nuts%20%26%20Bolts&CategoryID=411|Ti%20Hex%20Flange&collection=389%7CTitanium%2C%20Aluminum%20%26%20Specialty%20Fasteners

1 - 15 of 15 Posts