MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get my first set of tires for my MV> I was always a fan of Metzlers, what do you guys recommend?

thanks.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Arn't the pilot Road series more towards a sporty touring tyre?

It really depends on what you want to do with your MV. Personally I only ride mine 1-2 times a month if that!! On dry days only - so my choice was simple.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Yeah Diablo Rosso Corsa would be my second choice.

I had Pilot Powers 2CTs and I use to be able to spin them driving out of tight bends, can't do that with the Racetec.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My bike came with dunlop qualifier rr's and I replaced them when they were done with the new sportsmart and I have been impressed by their improved handling in the wet and confidence they give when pushing hard in the dry.I would normally have changed the tyres out for Pirelli SuperCorsa Pro's but having liked the Quailfiers I thought I would give the Sportssmarts a try unlikely to move away from the Dunlops now.

Gaz

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Ha ha another tyre thread! OK I'll play,

Mich 2CT's I've found to be very good on both my F4's or if you aren't bothered about wear rates, try Power Race, soft on the front and medium on the rear. They are road legal (just) and stick to the road like the proverbial to a blanket, just make sure you warm them up before trying to emulate Stoner round corners. Lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has anyone tried the Pilot Pures?

Meant to be superlight and duel compound!
I have them on my S1000RR, and love them.

I have 2CTs on my Senna and love them as well, but am about to replace them with a set of Pures

I only ride these bikes on the weekends from home to the twisties and back again. I have done 7000klms on S1000RR and there is another 1000klm in them before they need to be changed. The Senna has done about the same on the 2CTs.

Both tyres are fantastic in the wet.

i also have Pilot Power 2s on my R1200 RT and they perform very well wet or dry.

Bottom line - Michelin and Pilot Powers are good gear - imo

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I have Pures on right now, dont like them! Very hard to hold a line with them and the carcass flex sucks with these tires.

I too am still trying to decide what tire to try next, either Dunlop Q2's or Michelin Power One's

1 - 20 of 52 Posts