MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MV Agusta Dragster 800 RR
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Dragster 800 RR and the tire that came on it is a 200/50/17 and I wanted to get a Diablo Rosso SP V2 and they come in size 200/55/17 my concern is that it looks like the tote maybe too close to the license plate bracket and it may rub. Can someone advise please?

·
Registered
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090rr, 2014 Ducati Streetfighter 848
113 Posts
You should be ok with 200/55/17 but not over that

·
Super Moderator
23,940 Posts
The 55 will raise your rear end by 10 mm and sharpen your steering a bit perhaps making the bike feel nervous.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tire might rub against the hugger which I've removed the rear hugger and drill another set of mounting holes lower to lift it up.
Is 200/50R17 a difficult size of tires to be purchase?

·
Super Moderator
23,940 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
"Is that the face-lift model or the 2014-2017 model"

Are you really saying you have never heard that term before and that from that sentence and your undeniably excellent knowledge of MV's, it's beyond you to guess what he may be meaning?

·
Super Moderator
23,940 Posts
"Is that the face-lift model or the 2014-2017 model"

Are you really saying you have never heard that term before and that from that sentence and your undeniably excellent knowledge of MV's, it's beyond you to guess what he may be meaning?
I have never heard that term applied to an MV Agusta....and I try never to guess, it leads to problems.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Go on...have a guess just this once...

In this instance, what is the worst problem that guessing wrong is going to give you?

Maybe looking a little silly?
(Certainly not more pompous.)

I reckon it's worth the risk. 😁
I reckon you'll probably guess correctly and everything will be fine.

·
Super Moderator
23,940 Posts
Maybe looking a little silly?
(Certainly not more pompous.)
Thanks for letting me know your valued opinion.
Oh how I miss the original emoticons.....

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
200 Posts
Strange thing is I'm not sure that is my opinion. Most of your posts I find really knowledgeable, helpful and nice.

Don't take it to heart. A throwaway comment from someone you don't know, thousands of miles away.

By way of olive branch - I believe he was referring to the MY18 dragster (MY19 in the states) - the one with the single brake-light and the gap under the seat.

I suppose the 2021 bikes with the full colour dash etc make that distinction a little fuzzy now.
If that's what you were getting at, you win - moral ground is all yours.

·
Super Moderator
23,940 Posts
Truly not here to gain moral ground...just to understand and prevent misunderstanding if possible.

With all of the countries and languages currently represented in this forum there have been language barrier misconceptions that have led to hard feelings.

I just wanted to ensure my interpretation of what was said was accurate so I could give a fairly educated response.

I've made assumptions before and almost every time I have turned out wrong.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Different terms for referrence .... Guess I'm a little lazy to eleborate the finer details.

Commonly used for cars instead of bikes as those bike magazines always refer it as an upgraded model. :)

·
Old Wing Nut
21,954 Posts
Also known in the motorcycle industry as "Bold New Graphics"...meaning no changes of substance in the new models.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts