MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear Rosso II on my B800 is going to square off fairly soon. I haven't seen a tire thread yet for the bike so I thought I'd start one.

I put a pair of BT23s on my last bike - my first dip into sports touring - and I think I might go the same way when swapping rubber on the MV. Maybe go with a performance oriented sports touring tire.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I've had all manor of tyres over the years but I'm really liking the Rosso II's I'm due a new rear soon so I'll probably go with the same again, by the time I wear that one out the front will probably be ready to change so I might switch then? Had Dunlop SportSmarts on my last bike, they were really good too, if I can get a pair on a deal I might switch to those?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the Rosso II's, as well, but it's just going to square off on me again because I ride a fair bit of slab.

If I could find a discounted pair of BT23s I might be tempted to go that way.

What mileage did you get out of the Sport Smarts, Ackers?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I had them on my Z1000 if I recall correctly about 3/4000 miles? But they didn't flat spot really badly, the zed was a pretty heavy bike too, I used to wear the edges out on the front tyres before the middle :)

You could get RoadSmarts if you want a bit more life?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've had a couple Dunlop Sportsmarts on my B750 and have the Rosso II on my Dragster.

Of course, they are different bikes but, I have the feeling the Rosso's are giving better grip...

·
Registered
654 Posts
For me the Dunlop Sportsmart are brilliant, with great grip even on the edge, and impressive mileage. They now have the Sportsmart 2, which are supposedly even better.

Dave.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
sportsmart 2 ,just brilliant, better turn in on the front, had the sportsmart original and these are even better, you will get anywhere from 8000km to 10000 km ,depending how you ride.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
1,332 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Farmer,i'm with Eddy,i've just fitted SS2's and definately better turn in with same edge grip, and the originals weren't shabby Cheers Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts