MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how are you supposed to put tire warmers on the front between track sessions when the front fender fairing has such small clearances. I know there's no way that the tire warmer will fit under there, so do I just not heat the part of the tire that is covered by the fender well? Is there an aftermarket or alternative method to mounting the fender that allows a tire warmer to be wrapped completely around the front tire?

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Just rotate the wheel after a little while.
Or just go out and ride!!

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
To raise it, you just have to re-drill the mounting holes.....

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
Ian, were it me, I'd get the warmers I want, then see how much I'd need to raise the fender.

1" is way more than you would need.

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
Another thought would be to remove the fender mounting bolts (now it's free-floating), install your tire warmer, and let the fender "sit" on the tire warmer. Mark the new location for the bolt holes and modify as needed.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the exact line of thought I had when you said an inch was too much. Thank you sir.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Warmers actually fit anyway without fender mods. We have since installed a modified front guard but as you can see the original works too

Attachments

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you know what brand those are Poppy? They look really low profile compared to some I've seen...

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Buy a fendor from Catalyst composites Ian, good and strong, and any brand tyre warmer will work with it, making raiser brackets are easy too, I made these for Brett's Senna last year.
Don't buy tyre warmers to suit the bike, configure the bike to be able to use any tyre warmer, because when you get to the track and realise you have to borrow from someone else because you left yours at home or they're damaged things can get shitty real quick.
A lot depends on what tyre you'll be using too, keep that in mind.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts