MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rear Wheel Recall Hits Dallas!

its official! just talked to Marin at bmw Dallas and he said he had just received the bulletin. I have to give him my Vin this afternoon and then I will post the results. I am betting mine is one of the recalled rims due to the nasty dot stamp on the wheel but we will see!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Look on the inside of your rear wheel. I'm pretty sure if you see info laser etched you're O.K. If the info is is lumpy molded letters, you have the re-called wheels. It only effects the early batch of 910R's with the Brembo wheels.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Anybody know when the replacements are going to be available?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Do you know what kind of tire they are coming with?

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
I wish I'd received a recall - I had to replace my rear tyre today after a double puncture last week!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sventekoz said:
I wish I'd received a recall - I had to replace my rear tyre today after a double puncture last week!
That's terrible John, did you put the same tyre brand of tyre on? I am thinking of going to the Pirelli super corsa pro III next, I think thats what they are called. I do need a hard compound tyre for up here though as it's so hot. Has anyone got any recommendations??

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well, the recall has made it to NY too, and I am on the list. How do you think the top brass at MV will feel about recieving the wheel back with a freshly popped and roasted tire? :yo: :naughty:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Funny......I called my dealer this morning about the recall and he was just about to call me. My new rim and tyre came in yesterday. I'm getting that taken care of next Sat. along with finally, my full exhaust put on. So it seems as if the rims are shipping.

·
Registered
822 Posts
airfuel said:
If your rear tire is good, you get to keep it if you want. All MV needs is one spoke cut off the old wheel sent back to them.
Wow, thats great, I dont even have 1000 miles on it yet. :yo:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts