MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a long shot but... I got my tires for a bargain (Battlax S20) but the local stealership wants $170? to install. A local-ish "euro" guy charges $95, and I'm just like: :jsm:

I'm not willing to take the tires off (don't have star nut) and I need to have them mounted really, really soon before I slide off The 10 freeway, into some big rigs.

So if anyone have any leads for this service, in the Los Angeles/North OC area, I'd be really really thankful. (Yes, I searched)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Valley Ducati Service is Awesome

7004 canby ave
Reseda, CA 91335
Neighborhood: Reseda
(951) 640-8908

Nick's a super guy.

Tell him Red Baron sent you. :)

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
CycleGear

CycleGear $30 ea if you didn't buy the tires from them......you have to bring them the wheels....store manager changes them

the nearest one to me is in Lomita 310-530-3500, they are the only people that have ever changed my tires......always did it myself

·
Registered
225 Posts
Scott Waters (Motoservizio) is in Signal Hill and is the BEST Ducati Mechanic around. He'll also work on MV's. He's extremely fairly priced and can probably do a tire swap for ya..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys! I know the Cycle Gear in Lomita well enough (it's next to one of the most bangin' omakase deals in the Southbay). There's also one in Fullerton, and Motoservizio isn't too far from my office. all this is great info!

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
TonyC;
there's one in lake Forest too;
23052 Lake Forest Dr #2
Laguna Hills, CA
(949) 581-7444

any closer?

Lawbreaker;
Scott Waters tuned a bunch of John Thompson's Ducatis....the one I'm most familiar with is his 998R, its got ~$40K worth of parts on it and runs like CRAP and its slower than my RSVR even giving him a gear :drummer:

he knows me, we met at John's

I wouldn't let him put gas in one of my bikes :jsm:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bwahahahahahahaha. good thing he hasn't even called me back. srsly though, I just realized cyclegear requires me taking off the wheel. in that case, i can find a bunch of guys.

anywho, I'm going back to a shop that I'd forgotten about in ghetto East LA. They're charging $45 if I bring in the bike, and he's just the nicest guy (mototecnica in East LA) even though his clients are mostly ... rice rocket riders.

·
Registered
225 Posts
TonyC;
there's one in lake Forest too;
23052 Lake Forest Dr #2
Laguna Hills, CA
(949) 581-7444

any closer?

Lawbreaker;
Scott Waters tuned a bunch of John Thompson's Ducatis....the one I'm most familiar with is his 998R, its got ~$40K worth of parts on it and runs like CRAP and its slower than my RSVR even giving him a gear :drummer:

he knows me, we met at John's

Ouch!

Luckily my 996 SPS and Monster runn well...

Well....

Not as good as my Brutale!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Holy crap! And i thought the 40-55 bucks per wheel here on the east coast was a rip off. Jeez, what are the people thinking trying to charge that much? Its like they really don't want to bother with installation at all.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, you guys are getting raped by the polar vortex :freezing: , and we're about to go riding this wknd, so... you know... :loser:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts