MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well for the most part nobody is in business to loose money or go bankrupt. MV is currently in the hands of a person who is playing with his own money.
Without a solid plan MV would disappear or become another Benelli, and it still may. For now I'm betting that Timur will do for MV what John Bloor did to Triumph. It is out of our hands, and into our thoughts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have to say with the original article about a year ago along with this one (part 1 and part 2) I am continually impressed with Timur and am optimistic he has the right idea in regards to the brand. I know he is making some decisions that are perhaps unconventional but hearing the rationale and the continued push towards excellence that MV is known for is refreshing. Especially in comparison to how fast and loose we know the Italians like to play with the company at times. (Still huge respect to many of them for building the brand as it is.) Change has to come (to some degree) if the brand wants to succeed and some people are just going to have to come to terms with that. Nothing I read in any of these articles suggests that MV will abandon their heritage, styling, or performance, so I'm not sure why so many are in a huff.

Not everyone will agree and that is part of transforming a company. He is spot on that if there is no vision then you are at the mercy of circumstance. I thought the story with Gillen was also fascinating, that even during financial distress and cutting budgets he still had a vision and was developing the SCS system in order to attract new customers and push the envelope. Regardless of if you want an SCS on your personal bike is irrelevant, you have to admit that it took some cajones to develop during that time. And I personally think that system will contribute to more sales which is good for all of us.

Whether or not MV and Timur will be able to make real on their promises is still ongoing and we will have to wait to see these visions fully realized, however I cannot help but be much more confident and excited for the company after reading this. As someone that has lusted over an MV for years (but STILL does not own one!!) I have far fewer worries regarding the future of the company, as well as other intangibles like dealer network, factory support, etc.

Lastly I will say it is quite, let's say, entertaining to read many more distinguished riders (some on here and some elsewhere) hypothesize what a Millennial is actually looking for in a motorcycle. Lest we not continue to make the same mistake before us and take an extremely diverse group of people from all over the world and try to shove them in a tiny box and market them a product. I am in my 20's, have ridden motorcycles since I was 4, and am looking for an MV for my next bike. I guarantee I am not the norm and that there are all sorts of people, backgrounds, and experience levels that would be happy to own one.

(Also small side note, I messaged Timur on Instagram asking him a question and he was happy to respond, we had a small conversation about the bikes and he seemed genuinely excited. Don't think the CEO of many other companies would have done the same.)

Hoping for many years of success for Timur and MV, and many more bad ass bikes to enjoy for all of us.

·
Registered
610 Posts
" we owe the community something, and in order for us to convince the community that we’re good guys, running the company a new way, "
There are ways to do this;
Join our forum.
You or a rep. could attend an event like Gapalicious 2020..
Hold an event...
All of the above...........

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
" we owe the community something, and in order for us to convince the community that we’re good guys, running the company a new way, "
There are ways to do this;
Join our forum.
You or a rep. could attend an event like Gapalicious 2020..
Hold an event...
All of the above...........
How cool would it be to have the owner and CEO on the forum.

And if Brian Gillen could also troll the maintenance and performance sections from time to time too please.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm sure they are both very busy, but utilizing this forum in some way could prove beneficial, especially for maintenance an recurring issues.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I'm sure they are both very busy, but utilizing this forum in some way could prove beneficial, especially for maintenance an recurring issues.
And PR. There is no better advertising than word of mouth. My impression of the brand would be very different if the senior guys would come on and chip in from time to time.

Obviously us owners should use that opportunity constructively and not as an opportunity to bitch or brown nose as the case may be.

The other issue is obviously that they are loyal to their dealers and any encouragement for self-help might be seen negatively by the dealer network.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Interesting discussion, much thanks to all. I worked 40 years in the oil business and heard a lot of words. I pay attention only to actions, a hard learned lesson. Given that, I wish MV well, and a vision statement does have value. Goals are good, how to get there? Take small steps, pay attention, get egos out of way, execute plans. Well, time to take my Moto Guzzi V7 III Special out for a ride. No MV Dragster RR today, it is sitting in a shop miles away with mystery dead rear. brake--perhaps I will hear some news from mechanic next week? Been looking at Ducati Monster 821 as replacement: checks all my boxes. Planning a test ride one of these mornings, riding the MV in. You never know what will happen. I also like the KTM 790 Duke-- but inferior brakes. Had a Triumph triple, so been there done that. Yamaha MT 09 looks interesting, but feh, but they do have an interesting"retro version". Buddy has a Kawasaki Zed 900 he loves. I have never owned a 4 cylinder bike, so that's a thought, and the Cafe version is pretty. Honda CB 650R? My Italian genetics and bias kick in and distance to dealer. Ducati has really supported Houston, TX community. We will see.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
The then head of Dealer Development and Product Sales for MV Agusta USA promised me many times to show up to the Gap meet but unfortunately never made it, despite living only about an hour south of the meet, in GA. He did, however, send us 2 huge boxes of swag for the MV Agusta NYC meet/ride I did in 2018 at Rockwell Cycles. Very generous of the dealer to open on a Sunday just for us. Interactions like these are probably what MV Agusta wants more of and describes in the plan. I'm eager to see.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Being someone that put a deposit on a bike 16 months I'm encouraged by the article and hopefull that the dealer support will be there going forward once I take delivery. Communaction from the dealer has been good to this point but only time will tell, looking forward to my first MV.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts