MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us have read the recently released interview in Roadracing World, and most of us have some opinions and thoughts. This is a rare opportunity for MV Agusta, their dealers and for us the, customers to use our voice. We have always had a voice, but we now have and ear?
I'm starting this thread to find out.
I am listing some of my thoughts on various aspects of what I would like to see, I am avoiding anything of what I don't want. only what I do ,in hopes to keep things positive. Communication is, the in this case, the lubricant to a well oiled machine.

Dealer network, parts and service:
In my area we are fortunate to have a dealer with a qualified mechanic. There is only the one dealer, and they only have the one certified MV mechanic, if he leaves or the dealer drops the brand I'm in a tough position. Sound familiar?

I would like MV Agusta to invite independent mechanics to train and become certified MV Agusta mechanics, no strings attached.

I would like MV Agusta to have regional service centers independent of any one dealership that all dealers, independent mechanics, and individual customers can bring their bikes to for service and order parts. The service center should have some sort of webex capabilities to connect, MV Agusta, dealers, and mechanics together to quickly resolve issues. It could also act as a training center, and can substitute as a dealer's primary service center*.

I would like to see all dealers and authorized sellers to be able to sell bikes from a regional stock offering a wider range of choices to the buyer.

* Dealers who choose this option would be " Authorised Sellers"

I'll stop here for now
Next up; Warranty and roadside assistance options

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
Bring back the F4. I want a litter bike. Not some naked bike with special wheels. This is coming from someone who owns 2 F4's and one F3, is passionate about the brand. One of my MV poster says "The heart has reasons, that reason does not understand". My F4 MV has a soul, she is special. I feel a connection when I ride her. I don't think I have ever rode her when she did not place a smile on my face.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have the ability to perform your own software updates for your bike. Purchase the required equipment from mv Agusta dealer

·
Registered
896 Posts
Dealer network, parts and service:
In my area we are fortunate to have a dealer with a qualified mechanic. There is only the one dealer, and they only have the one certified MV mechanic, if he leaves or the dealer drops the brand I'm in a tough position. Sound familiar?

I would like MV Agusta to invite independent mechanics to train and become certified MV Agusta mechanics, no strings attached.
Depends on their dealer strategy, if you train independents you have no quality control and remove work from your dealerships. Clearly where we have very few , none or bad dealers, this is an appealing approach, but I think they need to understand their dealer network philosophy first.

I would like MV Agusta to have regional service centers independent of any one dealership that all dealers, independent mechanics, and individual customers can bring their bikes to for service and order parts. The service center should have some sort of webex capabilities to connect, MV Agusta, dealers, and mechanics together to quickly resolve issues. It could also act as a training center, and can substitute as a dealer's primary service center*.

I would like to see all dealers and authorized sellers to be able to sell bikes from a regional stock offering a wider range of choices to the buyer.

* Dealers who choose this option would be " Authorised Sellers"
Hopefully some or all of this should be part of their dealer network philosophy I hope they are developing, clearly it must change.

Bring back the F4. I want a litter bike. Not some naked bike with special wheels. This is coming from someone who owns 2 F4's and one F3, is passionate about the brand. One of my MV poster says "The heart has reasons, that reason does not understand". My F4 MV has a soul, she is special. I feel a connection when I ride her. I don't think I have ever rode her when she did not place a smile on my face.
The F4 is the Icon, I love the F3 etc, but you need a flasgship , the F4 will return and we need it as a brand.

Have the ability to perform your own software updates for your bike. Purchase the required equipment from mv Agusta dealer
I cant see this ever happening, it would need significant investment, and open them up to all sorts of technical issues. What I do think is important is that owners should get bulletins saying there is an update and why, and also be able to see what revision is in their Dash and ECU.

·
Registered
444 Posts
WorldofAll,

I applaud your initiative. Wow on MV. Are they listening?

Right now my 2018 Dragster is sitting at a local mechanic (Houston, TX) that I know. The issue: dead rear brake. Check out discussions on this forum (B3 chronic problem) and (much confusion actual cause). I think MV needs to issue a recall and fix the brake issue after engineering it out. Such a shame on a wonderful machine. Love my Dragster RR.

My dealer went poof without notice January, 2019. Fine dealer, no complaints, and that is reality. Yes, it is a tough market in Houston, extremely competitive, but 4th largest city in USA, one would think, Houston would have a MV dealer with certified mechanic. My 3 year warranty: worthless. Nearest dealers are Dallas and Austin. Do I ship the bike? Do I ride it? Nope, nope. I don't have time or energy, even retired: I am busy.

Right now my strategy: hope the mechanic can fix the brake. Frankly I am not optimistic I feel unsafe riding this powerful machine fast without a rear brake in horrendous Houston traffic. Emergency stops happen, and quicker with working rear brake. If mechanic can't fix it, or it is temporary. Well, I have a list of 4 bikes that DO have local dealers, mechanics, and can support. You know the rest. I spent nearly $20K on my MV. It is special. But no rear brake, well done. Maintenance is critical, very difficult to achieve here in Houston.

I am not a mechanic, can't bleed a brake this complex due to bifocal glasses. Besides my garage is hot as hades at least half the year. I want a bike that if I have a problem, I ride to a close dealer (not an hour across huge Houston), and I can get it fixed, and get maintenance done.

Not blaming anyone, but that is reality. Good thing my Moto Guzzi is running because it looks like a nice weekend to ride.

MV, if it wants loyal owners (not just buyers), needs to step it up.

Key point: group of B3 owners from this forum need to contact MV, and demand a recall fix on rear brake failures.

YMMV, EOM

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
Lucydad PM me I might have a fix on the rear brake. Maybe. Worked for my F4 just not sure if your system is close to mine.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
WorldofAll,

Right now my 2018 Dragster is sitting at a local mechanic (Houston, TX) that I know. The issue: dead rear brake. Check out discussions on this forum (B3 chronic problem) and (much confusion actual cause). I think MV needs to issue a recall and fix the brake issue after engineering it out. Such a shame on a wonderful machine. Love my Dragster RR.

My dealer went poof without notice January, 2019. Fine dealer, no complaints, and that is reality. Yes, it is a tough market in Houston, extremely competitive, but 4th largest city in USA, one would think, Houston would have a MV dealer with certified mechanic. My 3 year warranty: worthless. Nearest dealers are Dallas and Austin. Do I ship the bike? Do I ride it? Nope, nope. I don't have time or energy, even retired: I am busy.

Right now my strategy: hope the mechanic can fix the brake. Frankly I am not optimistic I feel unsafe riding this powerful machine fast without a rear brake in horrendous Houston traffic. Emergency stops happen, and quicker with working rear brake. If mechanic can't fix it, or it is temporary. Well, I have a list of 4 bikes that DO have local dealers, mechanics, and can support. You know the rest. I spent nearly $20K on my MV. It is special. But no rear brake, well done. Maintenance is critical, very difficult to achieve here in Houston.

I am not a mechanic, can't bleed a brake this complex due to bifocal glasses. Besides my garage is hot as hades at least half the year. I want a bike that if I have a problem, I ride to a close dealer (not an hour across huge Houston), and I can get it fixed, and get maintenance done.

Not blaming anyone, but that is reality. Good thing my Moto Guzzi is running because it looks like a nice weekend to ride.

Key point: group of B3 owners from this forum need to contact MV, and demand a recall fix on rear brake failures.

YMMV, EOM
To be honest , I dont ever use the rear brake except as a park brake at traffic lights. The risk associated with the back brake IMHO are just not worth the possible benefit. Keep in mind mine is a 2012, the last without ABS. With that said, it is no excuse to have parts fitted on a motorcycle that are not fit for purpose, especially the braking system.

·
Registered
896 Posts
best fix for the rear brake, move to a thumb brake.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don’t own an MV, but I would like to. I want a Gen 1 F4. But, the lack of parts makes me hesitant. A small company like MV should be able to support such a bike that is so iconic. The problems I see with the Gen 2’s make me not even consider it an option (dropped valves). The lack of dealerships, the lack of parts availability, the lack of support when there’s a problem with the newer bikes that are under warranty, makes it difficult to grow your brand. You’re a small company. You don’t have that many bikes on the road. You don’t even have a million different models to support. It would be so easy to repair your image and reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
WorldofAll,

YMMV, EOM
Uuhh, before you jump ship, the rear brake issue is not an MV Agusta problem. It is a Brembo problem. Jumping to Ducati, you will possibly have this issue on the Monster too. Plus on many of the mid-grade Ducatis the front brake master cylinder also sucks air over time and loses pressure on the front brake lever just from sitting (also a Brembo problem). At least the front brakes on the MVs always work. I know this as I sell both brands.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Uuhh, before you jump ship,

Thanks for comment, appreciated. My mechanic, who also is one of the best BMW and Guzzi mechanics in USA-- first comment: could be Brembo rear master cylinder. I am curious to see what he does for fix, hopefully this coming week. I have had zero problems with Brembos on two Guzzi bikes, but different models. I have not given up on my Dragster, but wish I was optimistic. Had a wonderful ride on my small block Goose, but it does not have the rush of the MV. If I do trade, I will avoid bikes with Brembos.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I started this thread really as away for us to make suggestions and voice our opinions on what we would like see.
There is certainly a long road ahead for MV Agusta and do hope they listen. I was once told to take the cotton out of my ears and put it in my mouth....
Warranty
I think an area that MV needs to work out with it's dealerships is warranty work, in particular the cost to perform it and what the reimbursement structure is. I'm not a dealer so I can't add much more than that. As a consumer with a valid warranty I need to know I'm covered, and I don't really care who pays for the repairs as long as it is not me. Having an extended warranty may or may not be a good thing, depending on the individual, but it should be standard across their entire dealer network without any variations or 3rd parties, and should be transferable.
If a warranty repair takes more than a week, the warranty period should be extended by that additional time. If a new part is installed the new part should be warrantied separately for a full warranty duration and not just until the bikes warranty is in effect. This way recurring issues stay under warranty.
Roadside Assistance
Third party roadside assistance networks do exist, and in some cases offer a real benefit, one problem is if you break down and need to be towed, and there is no MV Agusta dealer for hundreds of miles, you are screwed.
I would like MV to put into place some sort of "safety net". If for instance MV Agusta worked out a deal with Fiat Chrysler to allow towed bikes to be brought to any of their dealerships as a staging location, and from there the bike could be picked up and shipped to an MV authorized repair location.
So this really builds off of my suggestion of having regional service locations, independent authorized mechanics and now add to all that, rolling repair vehicles. These sort of repair shops on wheels ar not that far fetched, and could server as a PR mobile units, they could conduct things like suspension workshops at various events, like Gapalicous or attend things like Americade.
No matter what, it makes no sense for Timur to increase production if he can't convince people to buy the bikes, a lot of people would love to own a MV, but fear keeps them from doing so.
It maybe time to collaborate with other manufactures facing similar difficulties. Joint ventures occur in many industries so why not with motorcycles. Piaggio faces similar problems. So regional service centers, rolling repair vehicles, and alliances with automobile companies are, IMO, worth looking into.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts