MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in the maintenance schedule for the F4 that it says to replace the timing chain and tensioner block at 22,500 miles (36,000 km). This seems rather unusual, I've never heard of doing this on any other vehicle I've owned. Regardless, has anyone here actually replaced these items as indicated? Did you do it yourself, or have the shop do it. If DIY, how much trouble is it? If done by a shop in the USA, what did they charge for this?

I'd like to know because I tend to rack up 10,000+ miles per year on all my bikes and I've got a new F4 on the way. I usually do all my own maintenance, including valve checks, but none of my other bikes call for periodic TC replacement.

Ciao,
John

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thats what the manual may say......but I truly wouldnt worry about it. Not the chain anyway. Sometimes the tensioner become loose or worn and they need to be replaced...but not too much.

That Chain is bathed in oil constantly. Should last 100,000+ miles.

I think they put alot of BS in these manuals....Service is big $$ . You need to split the case for that little job.

Dont worry about it mate....Spend your money on more important things like leathers and girls! :yo:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts