MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished some of my other projects so it's time to get the F4 back together. It was my track bike in the day, I bought it with track bodywork. The original skins were used by SharkSkinz to make the first molds...

Anyway, time to get it back together so I can take her out occasionally on the road. I ride my Brutale a lot, and love it. But man it feels great to work on this thing again. It's such a work of art! It was always my dream bike!

Back in the day

Crappy photo, but one I dig

Current day

·
Registered
23 Posts
I may be stripping off some parts from mine for a streetfigther look. I haven't decided yet, but let me know what you need in case that helps me decide what to do wtih mine!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may be stripping off some parts from mine for a streetfigther look. I haven't decided yet, but let me know what you need in case that helps me decide what to do wtih mine!
Thank you! I'm still fitting pieces to see what I need. Mostly bolts and rubber expandable nuts, fairing and windscreen fasteners. If you go street fighter, you'd likely have a lot of that which I'd love. So please let me know. Otherwise I've seen some breakers selling bolts from a bike.

The biggest item I need to find is a swingarm upper chain guide. It's a plastic piece that fits in the swingarm, on top, to prevent the chain from grinding on the swingarm. I just started looking yesterday, but it looks to be discontinued for some reason.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Love the silver frame plates and swingers. Are they oem, or did you paint yours?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I had them powder coated. Turned out great. I've been wanting to do this for years.

I had no luck with the paint codes. I ordered a few samples from a powder coat supplier and the red is awesome. The silver is likely lighter than an MV color, but I dig it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have been trying to find the paint code too, for the titanium silver used on the frame plates and swingarm.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, over the years I've gone to a few different paint suppliers and had little luck.

I finally just decided to try a powder supplier and get it done. I ordered a few samples and picked what I thought was best.

Attached are the colors and company I got the powder from. The silver is likely lighter than stock, but I think it looks good. I think the red turned out awesome. It looks even better than the sample.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
The swingarm and frame plates look great. They might seem plentiful now but future generations will kill for these bikes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts