MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in another month or so, but I AM IN THE MARKET, so to speak... I'll likely be financing one when I get back from the World Series of Poker in Vegas, July 15th I get home, or if the price is right, pay cash outright for a used model.

So, I dunno what to do. I say this because although I LOVED my Brutale 750, I did feel a little envy towards the 910 and liter owners. I DID long for an F4 at times, as fairings are nice to have as well. Also, the suck of buying a new model, only to have MV release another "upped" model shortly, sucks. but that's the circle of life I guess.

All practicality and real world purposes tell me to get another Brutale. Ergo's, naked-ness, all of it is the practicality in me speaking. But my desire to have an F4 look is killing me. Ideally, I would buy both, for whatever my urges do, I put a key in and use, but alas, reality strikes and I can't, lol.

Also, there's a KTM dealer literally around the corner from me. He's the contractor for Disney, and they get KTMs directly from HIM anytime Disney uses motorcycles in thier films, stunt shows, etc.. So, the think of a Superduke, or that RC8 is VERY VERY enticing. I would have THE service center near me, and would be good to go as far as maintenance goes, something I DON'T have with MV. But I have the feeling I will be longing for another MV shortly after???

I want a BMW, but the same thing about maintenance and parts arrises again, and although when I owned my MV, I thought it was a minor inconvenience, the reality of it is, it's a MAJOR inconvenience. I was thinking with my heart, and not my head.

So, any recomendations? I greatly appreciate any opinions lended!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
You do realize, Nate, that this is an MV forum? BMW's and KTM's are great second bikes......

·
Registered
284 Posts
if you were to buy a Bimmer which one would you get? the R1200S? thats the one i would get, or depending on how it looks their new liter class superbike.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
good to see you back around nate.

You should give the KTM Supermoto a definite look. You'll probably fit pretty well on it.... not as compact as the brutale. Give it a go I say....

that said, you won't get nearly as many envious looks as you would on a brute! :)

that and you'd probably miss us more than anything if you found some ktm forum instead.... !

·
Registered
257 Posts
Glad to see your back! I agree with Allen, Wait and get the 910 after the new one's hit the floors. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
If it's not the MV get the RC8 :f4:
+1

The RC8 looks sweet. I'd fancy one of those..

If you loved the Brutale, definitely try out the 910... prices have come down quite a bit. IMO there are few enough 1078 brutales that will go around to not have prices dip like they have before..

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Our dealer here in Raleigh, NC has an absolutely gorgeous Pearl Orange 910S.
Raleigh...how close is that to Charlotte? I actually bought my bike at the Charlotte MV dealer and am likely going nowhere else if I buy new....they're that good.

Hmmm... I'm thinking another Brutale. But I can't decide if I want to sacrifice the comfort for fairings, lol.

Hmm, right now, my options are fairly open and I'm lost as to where to start looking....

·
Registered
658 Posts
Raleigh is 150 miles from Charlotte. You come up 85 north to Greensboro and cruise I40 east to Raleigh. If you want to come up let me know as we have a spare room. I love the pearl orange.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Raleigh...how close is that to Charlotte? I actually bought my bike at the Charlotte MV dealer and am likely going nowhere else if I buy new....they're that good.

Hmmm... I'm thinking another Brutale. But I can't decide if I want to sacrifice the comfort for fairings, lol.

Hmm, right now, my options are fairly open and I'm lost as to where to start looking....

nate, we all have read about the way you ride.... the LAST thing you need is fairings to speed things up!!!

do the right thing...... :brutale:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts