MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has arrived where age and injuries have finally caught up to this gray haired old man.

The fact that I had to have major surgery on my back a year ago is not the whole problem. Seventeen broken bones and nine significant surgeries over the years have finally caught up to my body.

I had the 3 lowest disc's re-sectioned, back decompressed and microsurgery on damaged crushed nerves last year on Dec 7th. Still have some numb areas. Been in physical therapy for 10 months. My back is better but it does not do well with the riding position required for track days and racing.

The other concern is the probable damage and long recovery time if I crash again. My back is better but is not likely to survive a significant get off, so now the risk is higher. I have air bag suits, the best protective equipment money can buy, but it isn't enough anymore.

I have had a tough time accepting this but the truth is the truth.

So I'm selling my all of my bikes and all track & race support gear. Converted my Ducati back to street (had someone who wanted it if I ever sold it) and have sold the go fast parts, now in process of doing the same to my 2016 R1 Superbike.

Once the R1 is converted back to street and it's race parts are being sold. I plan to do something with the F3. Probably convert/build a street bike out of the F3 and sell all the go fast stuff separately. The only way that won't happen with the F3 is if someone makes a very good offer for it complete as it is. Then there would be a host of like new street parts for sale. Most have never been used

I hate to see it converted to street & the race parts sold because it is such a special bike, but since I can no longer ride it as it is designed to be ridden that is what will happen. :frown2:

Watch for this to show up in the MV related sales section when it is ready. It is really hard to accept but I am doing it ever so reluctantly.

I guess it could be time to build some fun car. Thinking about a Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe. That could be a fun project.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Sad to hear, but a situation many, if not most, of us will face at some stage, although not with such a compendium of injuries.

Best wishes, and there's not many better cars with which to start a new project!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sad to hear, but you got to do whats best for your health.

Stunning bike as well, following the build thread was nice. Looks like a weapon to ride. Good luck with the sale, though if you do part out I would be more than interested in some parts...

If you don't mind, could I ask a few questions about the build. How does the race tail/seat go on?
Does it use the stock subframe?
What brand is it?
Is the under-tray the stock part too?
Any chance of a few more pictures of it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
The time has arrived where age and injuries have finally caught up to this gray haired old man.

The fact that I had to have major surgery on my back a year ago is not the whole problem. Seventeen broken bones and nine significant surgeries over the years have finally caught up to my body.

I had the 3 lowest disc's re-sectioned, back decompressed and microsurgery on damaged crushed nerves last year on Dec 7th. Still have some numb areas. Been in physical therapy for 10 months. My back is better but it does not do well with the riding position required for track days and racing.

The other concern is the probable damage and long recovery time if I crash again. My back is better but is not likely to survive a significant get off, so now the risk is higher. I have air bag suits, the best protective equipment money can buy, but it isn't enough anymore.

I have had a tough time accepting this but the truth is the truth.

So I'm selling my all of my bikes and all track & race support gear. Converted my Ducati back to street (had someone who wanted it if I ever sold it) and have sold the go fast parts, now in process of doing the same to my 2016 R1 Superbike.

Once the R1 is converted back to street and it's race parts are being sold. I plan to do something with the F3. Probably convert/build a street bike out of the F3 and sell all the go fast stuff separately. The only way that won't happen with the F3 is if someone makes a very good offer for it complete as it is. Then there would be a host of like new street parts for sale. Most have never been used

I hate to see it converted to street & the race parts sold because it is such a special bike, but since I can no longer ride it as it is designed to be ridden that is what will happen. :frown2:

Watch for this to show up in the MV related sales section when it is ready. It is really hard to accept but I am doing it ever so reluctantly.

I guess it could be time to build some fun car. Thinking about a Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe. That could be a fun project.

Stunner!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you don't mind, could I ask a few questions about the build. How does the race tail/seat go on?
Does it use the stock subframe? No
What brand is it? Motoholders
Is the under-tray the stock part too? No
Any chance of a few more pictures of it? Yes go to the link
The build is posted here:

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/31-track/171394-f3-rc-race-build.html

Complete 3 piece Sharkskinz tail assembly is held on with 3 screws
plus many quick fasteners holding the rest together including the seat

·
Registered
609 Posts
Truly sorry to hear this news about your health, and where it is taking you.. Thankfully doing a car project will help with coping after the bikes are gone.

If/when you do decide to part ways with the race/track parts, i would be interested in some items for sure. (dash panel, shock linkage, air tubes, maybe your forks and triples as well)

·
Vendor
5,156 Posts
Also sorry to hear this news Clayton.
Better to be safe than sorry.
You don't want to end up in a wheelchair.
I know how much time and expense you put into the MV alone.
Good luck with the sale.
Best of health to you also.:wink2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
So sorry to hear about your health. I went through a similar incidence and remember the pain of being bed ridden for a year. It is better to be safe than sorry. Wish you good recovery. On the hindsight, cars are fun. I work on them too, actually make 'em. Shelby sounds fun.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sorry to hear this mate, I have a similar concern as I have 2 degenerative discs in my lower back, the concern on a possible accident doing serious damage is also at the back of my mind.

Saying that however, I was looking for another track F3 so let me know when you have a pricing for yours complete or would also be interested in parts if you are splitting.

All the best....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts